Annulation then augmentation of the price

Elise109
Level 1
Sint-Agatha-Berchem, Belgium

Annulation then augmentation of the price

Hi, my friend and I reserved a room in Malta for only 7,29€ each per night. But today the host told me that he has to annuled because he won't be there. But I can see on his page that he augmented the price of the room to 35€.

What can we do ?

Thank you, 

Elis

5 Replies 5
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

There is nothing you can practially do. Hosts can cancel your reservation: that's the nature of Airbnb. We always hope they don't, but the fact is, it can happen.

I would suggest moving on and finiding a different Airbnb.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Alexandra, I don't think that's right. If the host cancelled the reservation, the dates would be blocked in his calendar. Elise, did the host ask you to cancel, and did you? If so you are out of luck. Never cancel at someone else's request.

Elise109
Level 1
Sint-Agatha-Berchem, Belgium

No he cancelled himself

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

The host could cancel a guest's stay and also raise the price of the listing.  The cancellation would block the nights that were cancelled, but that would not change the fact that the listing price is now higher.  Two separate issues.  The host also could raise the price of the listing WITHOUT cancelling the guest's stay.  Any guest with an existing reservation would not pay the increased price but future bookings would.  The host might have thought that he could cancel and rebook (he cannot) or he may have needed to cancel for one reason and decided to raise the price for an unrelated reason.

MariaRita1
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

porque no llamas a AIRBNB y te sugieran que hacer.....