Another DAMAGE claim?

Samantha153
Level 2
New York, NY

Another DAMAGE claim?

I posted the other day and Airbnb closed in my favor again.  The host keeps opening up new cases.  Now he is saying I damaged the stove.  He is upset because Airbnb refunded me for $500.  

40 days after check out is when he asked for more money, I refused as there was no validation for it.  I paid the previous claims for utilities but he never provided bills just thinking he would move on.  I got tired of paying, it was also not in the listing and he asked for more 40 days later!!!

Upon the third case trying to get extra fees he said since I don’t want to pay I would have to pay for damages and tried to charge me for the coffee table which I had time stamp images before and after.   They closed the utility case, then the coffee table and now the stove case is open.  I already included videos of the stove. 

For the stove I replaced the drip pans because they looked old and eroded.  I told him I don’t think the cleaning help did a very good job or that it is rusted.  I told him since it is under $20 I will replace them for him, he stated he never changed them and didn’t know how to do it.

I told him you have to Change these or have them cleaned because they will erode.  He even complimented on how well I kept the place clean and how clean the stove was spotless.  As mentioned I included a video check out showing the working and clean stove and when I cleaned the drip pans I have those in the messaging as well.

He is saying he didn’t authorize me to clean or replace the drip pans.

I did not damage anything and did everything I could to do what I felt was right.   I am tired of this.  He would also show up at the listing when it is suppose to be private.

Has anyone won a false damage claim 60 days after checkout with a plethora of cases that keep opening every-time it closes?  

Is me replacing the drip pans count against me?  He is asking for $600 to replace the entire stove.  When the drip pans were $20. Not sure why it should because the stove was in perfect condition better than before.  Also in the claim he said didn’t have any images that I have the images??? 

This has caused me stress, depression and anxiety as I had to deal with this for 60 days after checkout and during my stay I had to deal with him showing up and violating my privacy.

I am sick and tired of this.  I have a new case manager who is back in the office on Saturday and I just feel overwhelmed and tired.  I did nothing wrong and I feel he is abusing the system.

if I break something I will fix it.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Samantha153  I would tell the case manager that this host is obviously just making up reasons to charge you for damages, when it was already established that his previous damage claims are bogus. That the host seems to be doing this because he is upset that Airbnb refunded you for utility charges the host nowhere mentioned in the listing when you booked the place and that he seems to be just grasping at straws to try to recoup the utilities charge you were refunded. Point out that the host is supposed to document and claim for any damages within 14 days after check-out, not be coming up with new claims 60 days after the fact. Tell them you consider that you are being harassed and that this needs to stop.