Any new bookings since 2022 summer release ?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Any new bookings since 2022 summer release ?

After Airbnb's summer release on May 5. my all bookings stopped.

I got just 1 new booking since

I have 3  listings

It's the top season here.

How about you?

63 Replies 63

One review shows up as a 5.0 whereas we hard working superhosts may have a 4.90, but from over 200 reviews. Airbnb doesn't get that information out. 

Sue853
Level 2
Valencian Community, Spain

Exactly the same experience for me.

last year and the year before (even with the whole pandemic thing going on) we were full for our summer season with a fairly even split between Airbnb and Booking.com

Sonce the changes I’ve received practically zero enquiries or bookings through Airbnb and our bookings are now almost 90% from Booking (who I hate dealing with but needs must!)

whats really annoying is that there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do to improve the situation. It’s all down to Airbnb.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

In an update  :   Not only have I not had a single new booking since this rollout, I just had another cancellation this morning. 

I am on track for the worst summer season ever, since I started listing on Airbnb in 2015.   

It is unconscionable that people fought their way through Covid, through shutdowns, through the imposed cancellation policies, through cleaning protocols, through travel restrictions, and, finally, when things start opening up, to find one's business completely decimated by a search algorithm. 

Way to go, @Airbnb  @Brian   @Catherine-Powell 

Felipe689
Level 3
São Paulo, Brazil

The same here

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Branka-and-Silvia0  I just discovered this topic.  My views and bookings are also down, but until now I have blamed a long-stay that I had outside Airbnb. a friend of a friend was staying in my studio for a month. This stay has ended and nothing new is happening, other than an old guest coming this June to stay with me again. No new bookings whatsoever!

The same here in Bali. We start renting our Poolvilla in April this year in North Bali. Our views in April were double compare to now.

When someone looking for a Poolvilla in Bali, first is showing the South of Bali, if someone scroll in the map to the north and klick no category you will find us, when klicking a special category (fe great Pool) the map automatic scroll down to the south again.

So the airbnb update is not only for us hosts difficult, also for the guest.

The first category you see is Design (mobile) and Islands (Desktop) with prices around USD 1000 per night! So I think this is the direction Airbnb want go. 

Janet201
Level 5
Scottsdale, AZ

Me neither. I wonder if it's all a plan... though can't think of what that plan would be...

If we lose money, so does Airbnb 

Has anyone figured out what's happening here? Or still getting killed by airbnb?

Still getting killed in Tempe, AZ. I went from having my best month all year to a sudden halt in bookings. 

I lowered my prices to a minimum, joined Lodgify channel manager, set up a Booking account and am working on a Vrbo set up. So, now I have a couple of short bookings, but I’m not set to even break even this month. 

If Airbnb had communicated with hosts at all about their new focuses and goals prior to the summer update, I could have determined my business was no longer of interest to them and planned accordingly. Instead, they pulled the rug out from under my very successful, little business, then went silent. 

Hi @Michelle53 and all,

I really appreciate this open dialogue here and that you're sharing how the Summer release affected you and your bookings. Your story is obviously not what we would want for any of our Hosts. We have gathered all your feedback and as with all product updates, we will keep a close eye on how both Hosts and guests interact with it in order to continue improving the platform.

Warmly,

Catherine

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @RoniSue0 @Samuel596 @Janet201 @Ni-Luh2 @Ana7 @Felipe689 @Mark116 @Susan1188 @Huma0 @M199 @Teresa1698 @Emilia42 @Kyle148 @Tony-And-Una0 @Ricardo85 @David7870 @Kate867 @Paul1255 @Kirsten266 

@Catherine-Powell @Branka-and-Silvia0 

We have had the first weekend without guests in the Summer in a long time. Even when we first started, July 2020 at the start of Covid, we were booked on Summer weekends. The calendar is completely open, with zero bookings.

I also have listed our place on VRBO, but we are new there & without reviews. I have had 2 inquiries from them this week, none from Air BnB. We have had steady bookings in the 2 years since we started with Air BnB and never felt a need for another service before. I see now that we made a mistake by becoming dependent on this service. We are not depending on this income, so we have the ability to start over with other services.

Ted & Chris

@Catherine-Powell 

I think the fear for many of us is, how long will it take to 'improve the platform' to the point that we actually start getting bookings again? A lot of us are going to go out of business very soon if this is not rectified. 

Personally, I will give probably give it until early August at the latest. Before this Summer release, I luckily got bookings for my listings up until late August/early September, but since the release I am getting none at all. By now, I should certainly expect to have the whole of September booked (most likely October and onwards too) given that it's one of my busiest periods, but the only booking I have is from a return guest. No one else is seeing my listings!

If my views and bookings on Airbnb do not improve VERY, VERY soon, I will have no choice but to abandon the platform and find alternative ways to rent the rooms.

Ana7
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Catherine-Powell  thank you for following this thread, I hope you can do something about it!

Hi @Ana7,

Thank you for the tagging me back in to this thread. I really appreciate all the engagement and we're definitely reading and taking in your feedback as we continue to work behind-the-scenes.

Many thanks,

Catherine

All reservations stopped only some luxury ones stay, every guest now  needs to look for a category, but it doesn’t mean your place will be under the proper one.

ALL HOMES category ONLY appears in a computer, not in the APP

please write, complain, tell your worries, we’re all in this boat

renting are blooming, hotels are packed, best season in 10 years!!!

ONLY AIRBNB HOSTS ARE SINKING WITH US ABOARD