Any new bookings since 2022 summer release ?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Any new bookings since 2022 summer release ?

After Airbnb's summer release on May 5. my all bookings stopped.

I got just 1 new booking since

I have 3  listings

It's the top season here.

How about you?

63 Replies 63
Elaine328
Level 3
Alaska, United States

@Catherine-Powell 

I have the same frustrations as the other posters here. The new search system is date-oriented rather than location-oriented, and does not serve those of us who wish to search only by location. I am retired and can travel at any time. I like to find small villages in Spain that are near walking trails and stay there for 3-4 midweek days. In the past, Airbnb has been my first choice for making these searches and bookings. Now, that is no longer true. I am forced to choose either "any weekend" (thus missing out on places with only midweek dates) or "any week" (thus missing out on places with a less-than-7-day maximum set) or a specific date (thus missing out on listings that might be available for dates other than the arbitrary ones I choose to search by. For a tiny village with perhaps only one listing, this hit-or-miss search may mean I think there are no listings in that village at all and thus I can't base myself there, when in actuality, there may be a listing there, and I just haven't hit on the right date combination to find it. It is so frustrating when it used to be so simple. Please ask the programmers to bring back a location-based search method that will show ALL the listings in one area no matter when they are available. This is a basic search need, and it is almost inconceivable that Airbnb has done away with it.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Elaine328 Thank you for sharing your views on this in such a detailed and constructive way!

We've gathered a lot of feedback from Hosts here regarding the search page and have passed on everything to the development teams. As mentioned in this latest update, we've already started to evolve the Summer release and will share news with you as we go. In parallel, please do continue to share your thoughts and suggestions with us. 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Wholeheartedly agree with the concerns about date-specific searches vs. location-based searches.  My listing has been booked solid for the past five years (I list on both Vrbo and Airbnb).  It just happens to be a low supply, high demand area.  So, I am down to a sum total of 4 nights available (we rent on a very limited basis) in August 2023.  People book lakefront homes/cabins in my area over a year in advance and I'm confident they don't often search with specific dates. 

My listing is completely hidden from no-date searches in my area.  Curious, I altered my calendar to tack on 2 additional nights to my 4 nights available (in August 2023) for a sum total of 6 nights, and up popped my listing in no-date searches.  Unfortunately, those 2 nights I tacked on were not actually available and I had to alter the calendar to reflect the reality of 4 nights only, and magically my listing completely disappeared again from all no-date searches.

Despite the limited 4 night availability, my Vrbo listing appears in no-date searches and I'm highly likely to book my last 4 nights on that platform.

It's not a huge amount, of course, but why throw away the revenue Airbnb?  And, why should I still feel OK with you getting a percentage of my bookings if my listing is completely hidden (in no-date searches)?

@Catherine-Powell 

I agree!!!!

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Catherine-Powell 

We are having our worst booking rate this year since we started in Sep 2020, despite COVID! We have not 1 booking for the end of our season, September and October 2022 since the new platform. 

Here's extra food for your review/product team developers or whomever.

My daughter, a potential new Airbnb Guest, who was willing to set up an account to book us could not find the listing!  How pathetic is that.  She's known the area for over 20 years.

What really blows me away is that the big marketing campaign last year with all those touchy, feely advertisements promoting hosts and hosting has completely disappeared and Airbnb has gone silent.

With these new changes (May 2022) and Airbnb's reputation of claiming to listen to hosts, but NOT, we are done.

Selling our 23 year cottage and walking away from 2 years of Airbnb. Can't wait for one of our former/repeat guests, 4 interested, to put in an offer!

The heartache, work, the customer service not worth my health.  As an introvert, renting in Airbnb gave me a new confidence in myself, it gave me the opportunity to meet usually wonderful guests from all over the world. No more, what a disappointment and shame.

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

2nd weekend this month with no guests - this just never happens.  None of our July and August gaps being filled.  This may be our last season after 6 great years. 

@Amanda660 Do you use other websites as well as Airbnb. I am trying to figure out if our similar issue is down to Airbnb or a general malaise in travel!

Amanda660
Level 10

@Mike-And-Jane0  after I was suspended last year for having cameras that didn’t actually exist I covered myself by listing on VRBO - I was already on Booking.

I’m not keen on BDC as you just never know who’s coming and quests aren’t keen on pre-stay communication but anything to fill the diary.  I’ve got one VRBO booking for August from an American family but that’s it thus far.  

I’d  normally be able to fill gaps with overseas folks looking for accommodation as part of a Scottish Road Trip but that’s just not happening with the new search set up. 

Do you accept pets?  I found a good FB page for listings that take pets in the UK but you must have your own method of booking direct/website as you can’t post links. 

Sue853
Level 2
Valencian Community, Spain

We are on booking.com and this year we have 90% of our reservations from them. Only 3 for the whole summer from Airbnb.

up until now the split has been fairly equal.

it’s not price, as we are considerably more expensive on Booking (I really hate dealing with them - they’re so not designed to support private house/flats and everything that goes with that)

I'm on booking as well did phenomenally well. & we do have a beautiful guest. Some do complain about the host is on site & our home is a home a guest home at that, for traveling nurses/guest. we did come across difficult people from across the globe..its great for some & some guest do come with ungrateful intent & leave shady reviews at times.. we do give our all.. we win some & lose some. Reviews do slow down your business, not sure how that do work @times but! guest do get more consideration than us partners & We're doing a lot to make them very happy & Comfortable... This is the part I'm having a hard time with any suggestions as well!!!🤔

Vrbo, booking com & traveling nurses, furnish finders...these may work good for you ....

Same. Major slowdown. I've only had 2 bookings in 6 months! From 3-4 per month to 2 in half a year. 

Horrible algorithm since may release. And I called Airbnb support and it has not been helpful at all. I have been a superhost for several years. Not happy how corp is handling this. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Amanda660 We don't take pets as we have an elderly dog and cat that we don't want to disturb and, as importantly, we don't want the extra cleaning associated with pets.

From what you have said it seems no booking channels are doing well at the moment. We can only hope it gets better soon. We have had, in our smaller apartments, folks from the USA and Australia staying for 3-4 weeks which has kept us nicely afloat and shows that people are starting to travel again.

Amanda660
Level 10

@Mike-And-Jane0 we had guests from Ohio check out this morning, and some Canadians in a few weeks.  No European travellers yet - I’m guessing fuel costs may be knocking a lot of road trips on the head.   We had some chunky repeat bookings from BDC during March and April, nice Monday to Friday guests working in the area on rural fibre broadband installs which propped things up on weekdays but they’ve not been back - working out of the area.

Linda1767
Level 2
Largo, FL

I am a LOOONG time Airbnb super host and I have watched my inquiries and bookings here go to zero since the update. I lowered my prices and still no help.  I have always been completely booked. I am SO upset about this—WHAT can we do ????