Anyone else finding that the “breakfast” amenity got checked off somehow?

Elizabeth746
Level 2
New Hampshire, United States

Anyone else finding that the “breakfast” amenity got checked off somehow?

So I’ve had my whole house on AirBnB for about 4 months now (I had just an extra room on there for a year beforehand) and I got a weird message from a booked guest asking about what I included in my breakfast. I replied that breakfast wasn’t included and just assumed they didn’t read my listing correctly. They didn’t push the issue at the time, but did lower their rating of my place saying I had listed breakfast. I was baffled when I saw that breakfast had been checked off on the listing! I know I never checked this off and I’d be surprised if I accidentally did. I have a friend who also had this happen- anyone else?

3 Replies 3
Gayle54
Level 2
Mount Laurel, NJ

Yes, just last evening a guest asked if it was correct that breakfast was included. I was very surprised since I knew nothing about it even being available & certaunly did not make this an amenity. We live 80 miles away so I can not provide a true B&B experience. Since she paid top $ for Memoral WE, I will do my best to leave breakfast items for 7 guests for 3 days but I know my husband will be a hard sell as we did not choose this as an amenity.

This has just also happened to me! I'm certain it was not ever selected by me, but my upcoming guest also msgd to see how breakfast would be served. When I dug around to find the option, it was on! I'm obviously serving breakfast for this one time, but **bleep** that is a costly glitch by AirBnB! The only thing I've recently changed is setting my listing to allow instant bookings. Hopefully AirBnB will get back to me and offer to reimburse my costs caused by their software error. 

So sorry to hear this, I do offer breakfast & some are surprised by that! I would suggest putting a brief message on your listing explaining that if that box is ticked it's a system glitch as it might be a bit before the problem is resolved- I'm going to be snooping around my lisiting to make sure I'm not offering a swimming pool or something! Sally