Anyone else notice you can't edit your listing?

Stuart283
Level 2
New Bern, NC

Anyone else notice you can't edit your listing?

They have disabled links in your listing and if you try and edit your listing and you had links in it - it won't tell you to remove them, it just won't let you edit the listing.

You would think a web based company would let us USE the web to improve our listings. Now I can't link to my Golf and Tennis reservation site or show my location.

I don't understand why they want to makes things more difficult. Another poor choice.

10 Replies 10
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Stuart283 , sounds frustrating. I have been updating my listing regularly with no issues, and even just did a quick change then to check. Keep banging the side of the TV.. Ahh the technology... Good luck.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Stuart283 

Your outbound links sound very sensible to me and would be beneficial to any guest wanting to book and needing local information.

However you do need to know that Airbnb are paranoid that you might be loving the guests too much and you might be sending them direct accommodation booking links, or group discount vouchers, or asking for proof of identity, or getting them to download special communication programmes - all removing their control over the situation.

Here on the CC they have updated their data capture to include any of your personal websites, your Instagram & Facebook and collect the IP addresses of all the places you connect from, as well as add restrictive rules to their off platform policy. 

It sounds as if your specific problem is another data capture - capture! If you can't edit your outgoing link, you can't remove the evidence. 

@Stuart283 

I have been trying for weeks to get Customer Service to help with the following problem.Any help from fellow hosts gratefully received!

We cannot save changes to our listing details/description.

It's not a log in issue as we can update photo's but not text

After making the changes a red notice appears saying we have to update everything on the page before we can save and the save button is not active.

Have tried different devices and have tried making changes within every box on the page but it still doesn't work.

Last time I messaged  customer service it was upgraded to urgent.That was a week ago. I've been messaging them since April 11th.They just apologize and tell me they are busy.

I don't like to complain, and am trying to be patient but we have important changes we need to make to our details.

This is not the first time we have had a lot of trouble trying to get help with something.Unfortunately it starts to get very frustrating.

Stay well & safe & happy hosting.

Ellen705
Level 2
Oakland, CA

ABSOLUTELY I HAVE THE EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE

ALSO THE WAIT TIME IS "MORE THAN 1 HOUR" -- WHATEVER HAPPENED TO A CHAT?  OR CALLBACK?

CHEAPO-AIR BNB .  SAVING MONEY CUTTING THEIR LOSSES  AT OUR EXPENSE.

Ellen705
Level 2
Oakland, CA

AS I WAIT FOR THE HOUR THE PHONE DIES.  LOL

Beryl41
Level 1
Skinburness, United Kingdom

I used to really enjoy hosting with Airbnb but they seem to have changed their whole website and I can’t find my way around it now.  I spent six days speaking to an agent on helpline last week trying to sort out what used to be the simplest of tasks.  I must say on each occasion the agent I spoke to was very helpful.
Beryl Killen

Claire391
Level 2
Golden, Canada

I, too, have been locked out from altering my listing information and adding notes to my calendar. It is truly a problem, as I can't update the new protocols that we have put in place since covid. I have also been disconnected after waiting as long as 4 hours on the phone.  HELP! ANYONE!!!!!!!

Colin-and-Angela1
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

haha  !! try again.  now been locked out of this conversation !!   Hope you all get through 

Colin-and-Angela1
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Same as above.   So frustrating.  Airbnb says No. !!!

Leslie599
Level 1
Old Saybrook, CT

I am having the same issue for several weeks now and it is a real problem!