Anyone else noticing issues with ratings?

Heather970
Level 1
Pompano Beach, FL

Anyone else noticing issues with ratings?

Can someone please explain to me why AirBnB won't/can't change reviews? Case in point... I have received a 4 star "Overall Rating" on a guest who rated me 5 stars in EVERY category.  Anyone else having problems with the ratings algorithm on their end too? 

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 3.33.09 PM.png

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Heather970  They don't change reviews because a user is allowed to give whatever ratings they choose to without interference. 

I'm not sure if you think the individual ratings are averaged to get the overall rating, if so, they aren't- the overall rating is a separate rating the guest gives.

I know it is a real head scratcher if the guest gives a lower overall rating when they've checked 5*s for everything else. But sometimes there might be things that aren't covered by the other ratings. Like maybe the guest found the bed uncomfortable, or it was a noisy area and those things made the stay less than ideal overall.

And sometimes it's just fickle human nature that has no rhyme or reason.

I did have a quick look at your reviews and while most are quite positive and you get complimented on your good communication and attentiveness to issues, I see 3 reviews in a row on one that while mostly positive, all mention that the bed sags in the middle. That mattress should have been replaced after the first complaint. This sort of thing can bring your overall scores down, and you do have some pretty low ratings on some of your listings. Cleanliness is also something you aren't getting top marks for, so maybe some new cleaners are in order.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Heather970   Although I think there are guests who just don't give 5s unless they're at the George V, it's massively annoying to get an overall 4 when they've given 5s in every category.  Feel for you!  What did you say in your head when you read "I will definitely be back"?