Anyone else?

Kayla362
Level 1
Greenville, SC

Anyone else?

I haven’t had a good experience trying to host. I’ve had people book last minute then Airbnb not let them because it was last minute even after I’ve sent special offers. Then I get these messages saying that these people might be scamming me. Does anyone else have these? I’ve received two of them just today

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kayla362 

Airbnb sometimes removes a booking reques or a guest account for security reasons.

Probably you escaped from a scamming situation or other bad experience.

Always be extra vigilant with last-minute bookings.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Kayla362  We don't take last minute bookings because those guests often turn out to be not so great, and given Airbnb's extremely guest-centric mentality, its a good bet that if Airbnb is preventing someone from booking with you, you don't want them in your property.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kayla362 

Another reason to be careful with last minute bookings is that Airbnb doesn't always collect payment from the guest straight away, so there is a risk that there will be a payment issue and the guest will check in before it's sorted, leaving you with no payout.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you set up your listing so guests need to give you one or two days notice when booking @Kayla362