Anyone know urgent phone number?

Amy-BillyandJennfier0
Level 1
Santa Monica, CA

Anyone know urgent phone number?

HELLO DEAR ,

My name is Amy. Please help me very quick. I got an instant book at 1:00 pm 10/21/2016. When I got home, I read the really bad reviews about this guest. I also contacted with previous host.  I called the Airbnb custmoer service twice, they said will transfer to a case manager. I was waiting 30 mins, and they hanged up. Can anyone help me what should I do? I have to cancel it. I called them again, they hanged up again.

7 Replies 7

@Amy-BillyandJennfier0

This was on google:

1-855-424-7262

The best toll-free phone number for calling Airbnb Customer Service is 1-855-424-7262

Another number that works well in the USA for local callers is: 1-415-800-5959.

Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

I'm really sorry @Amy-BillyandJennfier0

My guess is today has been a really rough day all around for airbnb and their call center. A major internet hub in the USA that is responsible for airbnb and a host of other major US companies has been hacked and service was disrupted this morning. A law was passed in NYC (airbnb's largest market) essentially making it illegal for hosts to advertise a majority of listings and the fines are steep $1000 (1st time) 5000 (2nd) 7500 (3rd). I would keep calling. another option is twitter @AirbnbHelp, but that takes 4 hours on a normal day just to get a conversation started. Keep calling. Good luck.

Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

@Amy-BillyandJennfier0

Duh how could I FORGET!  if you use instant book you are allowed to cancel 3 times in one year without penalty, if you are "uncomfortable with a guest." BUT you MUST do it the correct way, so BE CAREFUL I don't use instant book but I did once for about 3 weeks to a month (the worst month of my airbnb life). Hopefully someone will chime in. If I remember you go thru some series of questions regarding why you are canceling. Then you can pick  "guest making me uncomfortable" or something similar to that. Then you give a reason. Make sure you write your reason well and clearly choose the right words. And bingo you're off the hook. Anyone who can help more please chime in.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Amy-BillyandJennfier0 Just decline the reservation under IB reason not comfortable with the guest.  Easy!

Omg!  Thank you thank you thank you for this phone number!  I just called ABB about very late payments and got it resolved immediately. Been searching for their number since I started as a host nearly 3 months ago!  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sherry35,

Great to hear you got this sorted, thanks so much for updating us on this. Just in case you need it in the future though, if you go to the Community Help board here in the Community Center you will find a Community Guide (created by a host here) with a variety of ways to reach the support team. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you for the phone numbers