Apparently Airbnb-a tech company- hasn’t figured out the concept of teleworking for customer service.

Anthony1092
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Apparently Airbnb-a tech company- hasn’t figured out the concept of teleworking for customer service.

I tried reaching an @Airbnb customer service representative, but instead was forced to send a message.  

Airbnb claims that it’s because of reduced workforce because of the virus...

So apparently answering customer service phone calls... a service that is inherently  100% conducted from a distance... is unavailable because people have to distance themselves.  Airbnb has not figured out how to forward phone calls to individuals working at a distance.  

Get.  It.  Together.  Airbnb.

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anthony1092  I think it's probably more a matter of them simply not having enough support staff to deal with the volume of calls, most of which are probably of a more distressed and outraged tone than normal, and not being willing to fork out for hiring more CS reps.

BTW, don't know if you heard, but Amazon and Whole Foods employees walked off the job today, saying they are being expected work in unsafe conditions which don't protect them from the virus. 

Yeah, but they aren’t saying its because of increased call volume.  They said it’s because they don’t have folks there to answer calls.  I’m wondering why Airbnb isn’t having their customer service reps telework.

It seems more like they are hiding from answering questions about the policy they have forced on hosts again... A policy, by the way, which they presented as if it was generous, when actually they are going to take more money from hosts.