Application for Superhost Relief Fund

Nonie2
Level 2
LA, CA

Application for Superhost Relief Fund

I need the link to the APPLICATION to the Superhost Relief Fund. Does anyone know the link.

I would really appreciate it. Also did anyone apply? How serious is this application I wonder!

Thank you for your help

15 Replies 15
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There is no application to the fund @Nonie2 . As Airbnb said on the information that was sent out to all hosts, (or all Superhosts anyway) they will invite hosts who they decide qualify to complete an application.

Airbnb Help is your 'go to' resource for all things Airbnb including the superhost grant scheme.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Helen3 for your useful advice here. 

Just to add to this and provide you with a status update. As Helen mentioned, invites from Airbnb are in the process of being sent out and will continue to do so until May 15th. Specific details on the criteria and how the fund works can be found in this Airbnb Resource Center article here: Answers to your question about the Superhost Relief Fund 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks @Lizzie 

Can you clarify is it true that Airbnb is prioritising US hosts first?

How is Airbnb ensuring hosts in poorer communities are getting equal access to funds?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Helen3 ,

I can answer that one for you with a bit more of a geographic breakdown:

On questions about the geographic distribution of invitees

We send a wave of invitations every week, and each wave includes hosts from around the world. What those hosts all have in common is that they meet our invitation criteria.

So far 65% of the hosts we've invited so far are outside the United States.

Many thanks and stay safe,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks @Stephanie 

That's really helpful. I haven't heard of any UK hosts or anyone else outside of the US who had received an invite as yet so it's good to hear that other hosts around the world have been invited.

But still interesting to hear that over a third of those been invited to apply are from just one country - the US. That seems a lot particularly when there are many hosts from developing countries without access to welfare benefits  and grants, who are much more reliant on the STR income they receive.

I do hope Airbnb are not just focussing on hosts that complain the loudest rather than those who are actually in the most need.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ute42 had a screenshot yesterday from someone in the DE CC. I actually asked for more detail on the criteria yesterday following a question from @Huma0  and have this newly updated FAQ to share:

How are you deciding what hosts have been hit the hardest?

We know that this type of information is complex and sensitive—that’s why we’ve put together specific criteria to make it more objective. We start by looking at hosts’ earning trends to invite those whose earnings have decreased the most when compared to last year and who have had a long tenure as Superhosts. Then we use hosts’ responses in their applications to better understand how that decrease has affected their ability to make ends meet.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks @Stephanie 

Hi @Stephanie 

unfortenately I cannot send a PM to You, send button doesn't work.

You wrote:

„How are YOU deciding what hosts have been hit the hardest?“

I think it should say:

„How are WE deciding …...............“

burn after reading

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I didn't write @Ute42 , I copied 😛 

Yes, it's from an FAQ so the bold part is the perspective of the person asking the question to Airbnb and the non-bold part is the Airbnb response. 

I'm quite curious about "unfortenately I cannot send a PM to You, send button doesn't work."

Can you let me know what's happening? Is it greyed out? Can you post a screenshot for me?

Vielen Danke,

Stephanie

-----

@Stephanie 

I can click onto the send button and it reacts as usual, but the message just stays there and it doesn't send. Clicking again = same result. And then it tells me I have reached the maximum No of PMs  I'm allowed to send. Well, this would have been the only one today.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ute42 

Sounds like a bug because the limit is 20 per hour (to stop those horrid spammers from hitting our users.) Danke for the details!

Stephanie

-----

@Stephanie

I've had this problem too Steph - intermittently - with the new messaging system. Most of the time, it's OK, but still very glitchy. Also, even after I've opened a message, it often still shows as unopened. And I responded to a PM Lizzie sent me last week about a mutual friend - took several tries before my message would send, and I'm not sure it even did go through in the end, as I never heard back.

A far bigger problem though is the disappearing messages/big red banner glitch on the forum itself, which has been around for as long as I can remember, and has never been fixed. Regular posters know by now that every message we type out needs to copied before we press the send button, because it's likely to disappear into thin air, but new users wouldn't know that.

There's been a lot of talk on other forums and FB pages from hosts who came here to try and post, particularly since the COVID crisis began (but also long before) who fully believe their posts were being rejected or censored because they kept getting the various red banners when trying to post. It's hard to imagine the numbers of potential members lost to the CC because of this long-term malfunction. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Ute42 

Would you mind letting me know what web browser you are using or if you are on computer/mobile phone?

@Anna will look at getting a ticket open to address this as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Stephanie  for the update.