Apps attached to my Airbnb account

Answered!
Elaine119
Level 2
Sandhurst, United Kingdom

Apps attached to my Airbnb account

Hello,  I seem to have 2 apps attached to my airbnb account that I've never heard of, but my Airbnb account says I've given them permission.  There's a button to click to remove them but I then get a message saying it failed.  Has anyone else had this experience?  If so, how did they get there and how did you get rid of them.  One is Lithium Community and the other Schoolkeeper.

Thanks

Ellie

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Elaine119. Type Lithium into the search box in this forum and you will come up with multiple explanations:

Lithium and Schoolkeep (not Schoolkeeper - did yours say Schoolkeep or Schoolkeeper?) are reputable (i.e., google-able) and harmless.

Lithium and Schoolkeep gather information about us. You can delete them but they pop up again when you next sign in. 

Lithium and Schoolkeep were temporary in 2015 during a transition and would go away in a few weeks. Nothing to worry our pretty little heads over.

The presence of Lithium and Schoolkeep on your device needs to be reported to the Airbnb developers. 

Your choice, but it seems they are used by Airbnb, and here to stay. You might contact Airbnb if you are worried. That was the advice of an administrator on one of the threads from a few years ago. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Hi, @Elaine119. Type Lithium into the search box in this forum and you will come up with multiple explanations:

Lithium and Schoolkeep (not Schoolkeeper - did yours say Schoolkeep or Schoolkeeper?) are reputable (i.e., google-able) and harmless.

Lithium and Schoolkeep gather information about us. You can delete them but they pop up again when you next sign in. 

Lithium and Schoolkeep were temporary in 2015 during a transition and would go away in a few weeks. Nothing to worry our pretty little heads over.

The presence of Lithium and Schoolkeep on your device needs to be reported to the Airbnb developers. 

Your choice, but it seems they are used by Airbnb, and here to stay. You might contact Airbnb if you are worried. That was the advice of an administrator on one of the threads from a few years ago. 

Elaine119
Level 2

Interesting,  Thank you, Lawrence.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Elaine119,

The Lithium Community app is used to allow you to use this forum. If you remove it, it'll be automatically installed the next time you use this forum.

The Schoolkeeper app is used during the ID verification process, which you've completed as your profile has the green "verified" symbol. I'm not sure if you can remove it without consequences once the verification is completed.

Steve.

Elaine119
Level 2

I didn't like the way it said I had allowed it.  Must have clicked on something at sometime without reading it properly!  Thank you for the info, Steve.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Elaine119,

It's great to see you here. 

I'm glad to hear that @Lawrene0 and @Steve143 were able to help you out with this! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Good news! We've updated the way the Community Center shows in your 'Connected Apps' section of your Airbnb account, so that's clearer.  You should now notice it says Community Center. 

I hope this helps to put your mind at rest and thank you for highlighting this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.