Are other Australians having issues with Payment this week?

Barbara-And-Andrew0
Level 2
Lake Gardens, AU

Are other Australians having issues with Payment this week?

We tried to send you money but there was a problem with your bank details ( Return of original statement entry %%%%%%. REVERSAL: Invalid Bank Details). Please verify your bank details and add them again as a new payout method in your payment preference
Once the new payout method is created, we will re-issue the payout.

This is the mssage I keep receiving and I am getting no satisfaction from AirBNB. 

I have checked with the bank - no problems at their end. I have also added another account and got the same message.

55 Replies 55
Sarah1809
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Yes I have! I have updated the payout details and still get the messages! I have complained to Airbnb twice about this already! 

Peter1260
Level 3
Victoria, Australia

This has been going on for a couple of days now. AirBnb's management of their technical problem is disappointing. I have tried numerous times to re set my NAB bank account details and upon reading this forum, find out it’s an AirBnb issue. Get your act together Airbnb and communicate to your customers now about acknowledging your technical problem and what you are doing about it.

Sue297
Level 2
Canberra, Australia

Yes I have been having issues as well. I have now refreshed the details four times and I still havent received a payment. I thought it may have been a problem with my bank so checked that too, but no change had occurred.  I have had the same payout details for two years so I have no idea what is going on, but Aibnb are certainly pulling in interest on the payments that I am supposed to have received. This is a significant issue, how are we supposed to get in touh with Airbnb abut this? I have tried a number of options over the last few days and have had no success or response. Any ideas anyone?

Sue,

You make contact with AirBNB by going to Contact us, select the option OTHER and then you can get a call back or send an email. 

Claire717
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Yes! We have had the same message, waiting on 2 payments now. I have spoken with their customer support but no specific details of what the issue is. The problem, I believe is at their end.

any suggestions of what to do next?

i am having the same issue too. i am waiting for 2 payments and on sunday received 2 emails from airbnb with a subject heading "Bank Transfer Reversal...". i thought the issue was at my end (though i had never changed the bank account details) - so i removed the payout method bank account details and then added the same bank account details. then 1 hour later i received the same "Bank Transfer Reversal..." emails from airbnb. has anyone heard from airbnb on this matter in the last day or so?

https://tendaily.com.au/news/a181106rof/airbnb-glitch-blocks-payouts-to-23000-aussie-hosts-20181106

apparently Airbnb know AAAAALLLLL about it, just havent told their customers.

I really hope they fix this soon, I had no idea until last night there was a problem.

Thanks Sophie,

If 23000 people are affected that is a huge amount of money they have had in their coffers for 7 days.  We absolutely should be compensated for this. How can it take seven days to sort this out? 

This is beyond a joke. I have received the error twice, so have jumped on here. To see that some Airbnb members have received an email alerting them to an issue at the Airbnb end, but others clearly havent and have been wasting time attempting to fix an issue that isnt at our end is very, very poor customer service. I do hope all Australian hosts are compensated adequately for this.

Sophie, I believe you only receive information if you have made contact.  I contacted them as soon as I knew my bank had no problems and I am currently awaiting a significant deposit. The feedback from AirBNB is vague 

Barbara-And-Andrew0
Level 2
Lake Gardens, AU

Still nothing from them this morning. I spoke to some guy in the US who said it is affecting a few in AU -Go figure. They have no idea how long this is going to take to fix it.

I’m thinking it may be only some Host affected, could be wrong of course. ING are working at their end to see what is going on. Does anyone else know of other banks working on a solution? 

I phoned my bank on Monday, Westpac, they checked and said it was NOT a problem at their end however was at the AirBnB end.