Are other Australians having issues with Payment this week?

Barbara-And-Andrew0
Level 2
Lake Gardens, AU

Are other Australians having issues with Payment this week?

We tried to send you money but there was a problem with your bank details ( Return of original statement entry %%%%%%. REVERSAL: Invalid Bank Details). Please verify your bank details and add them again as a new payout method in your payment preference
Once the new payout method is created, we will re-issue the payout.

This is the mssage I keep receiving and I am getting no satisfaction from AirBNB. 

I have checked with the bank - no problems at their end. I have also added another account and got the same message.

55 Replies 55

Yes!! I got the same email after hosting my first guests last weekend, thought it was an issue with my bank or how I set up my Payout Method 😞 

i have actually spoken to AirBnB twice and they have confirmed it’s a “known” issue impacting Australian hosts. Apparently they are working on it and we don’t have to change or do anything... but no communication about this issue is really frustrating! Considering this is my first time hosting... not a great first impression. I do hope it gets better. 

Stefan361
Level 2
Westcourt, AU

Hi Stefan from Cairns I have the same problem with my payouts Air bnb support tried to blame my end but after some further investigation it is their problem It took 3 phone calls to finally get them to admit This does not solve anything for us and I have been told the problem will contimue for at least another 72 hours Any one have thoughts about what we should do?

I certainly want and expect Airbnb to compensate me. I am working on the costs associated with this matter as it impacts my ability to meet a number of costs directly related to my property. 

Tracey36
Level 2
Woody Point, Australia

Yes agree - PS what is a Level 2 Host?

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

@Tracey36

Hi Tracey, when you first start posting here in the Community Centre, you are at Level 1; as you post more, you will move on up through the levels to become a Level 10 😊. That is all it is.

Cheers, Lyn.

Class action?

Block your Calendar out so you can't accept bookings until it's resolved. List on another site, I also use Homeaway, zero issues there. I am cancelling my next booking as who knows when I will get paid!! I can't risk having people in my home when I don't know if and when I will get paid!!

The thing making me so cranky is AirBnB trying to make out it was MY problem, then all these smarmy "you have a great day" patronising BS comments when you phone up to talk to someone.

I have zero issues if they have a problem and contact me saying look, there's a problem, it will be resolved within 7 days, we're at fault here. But they've not done this at all. 

Kevin616
Level 9
Western Australia, Australia

@Jane807 wrote:

The thing making me so cranky is AirBnB trying to make out it was MY problem, then all these smarmy "you have a great day" patronising BS comments when you phone up to talk to someone.

I have zero issues if they have a problem and contact me saying look, there's a problem, it will be resolved within 7 days, we're at fault here. But they've not done this at all. 

This s exactly how I feel.

Cut the bs and just be bloody honest!

Tracey36
Level 2
Woody Point, Australia

Yes I am having the same issues - I've had 2 guests come and go and still no payment into my bank account. I've updated the information to my banking details but still nothing other than emails from AIRBNB saying that my bank details need to be updated as they have the incorrect details. I have rung AIRBNB SuperHost support line only to be told that it is being fixed - but When????

I still have no money and they already have the money paid by my guests at the time of booking. AIRBNB - get your act together or we may all consider another booking agent.

By the way - I don't appreciate being patronised by your customer support staff to say "Thank you so much for being a super host and we really appreciate all the hard work that you do" unless you can back it up and provide us as hosts with our "dues" for all the hard work that we do.

Regards Tracey

Tracey, I think what is the most upsetting about this is exactly what you say, the patronising attitude. I get it is not the call takers fault but really we do all work hard, we do all have our financial committments to meet with running the business. AirBNB have and have had our money since Nov 1st. I am personally aware of $2500 to hosts I know in my town but I am sure there are many more. Mutiply this and it adds up to an awful lot of money if there are 23000 or more hosts in the same situation. I am getting very angry, have trolled the internet to find out how to speak to anyone other than a calltaker and I come up with nothing. Quite frightening really. 

Hi Barbara and Andrew,

this is my first posting hope ive done it correctly !! I have just received an email saying payment of the amount of the outstanding guests payments has been sent. When i looked into payout preferences the ERROR messgaes against bank accounts has disappeared, fingers crossed the issue has been rectified.

Hi Rob do you have any updates I out of frustration capitulated and changed my payout method Tha Air bnb response was Worldpay would deposit 3 cents in the account to verify This could take 5 working days and then I would need to wait a further unspecified time for payments to be released and processed IT IS NEVER ENDING!!!!!

Stefan

Hi Barbera do you have any updates I out of frustration capitulated and changed my payout method Tha Air bnb response was Worldpay would deposit 3 cents in the account to verify This could take 5 working days and then I would need to wait a further unspecified time for payments to be released and processed IT IS NEVER ENDING!!!!!

Stefan

EXACTLY!!

Hi Tracey do you have any updates I out of frustration capitulated and changed my payout method Tha Air bnb response was Worldpay would deposit 3 cents in the account to verify This could take 5 working days and then I would need to wait a further unspecified time for payments to be released and processed IT IS NEVER ENDING!!!!!

Stefan