Are other Australians having issues with Payment this week?

Barbara-And-Andrew0
Level 2
Lake Gardens, AU

Are other Australians having issues with Payment this week?

We tried to send you money but there was a problem with your bank details ( Return of original statement entry %%%%%%. REVERSAL: Invalid Bank Details). Please verify your bank details and add them again as a new payout method in your payment preference
Once the new payout method is created, we will re-issue the payout.

This is the mssage I keep receiving and I am getting no satisfaction from AirBNB. 

I have checked with the bank - no problems at their end. I have also added another account and got the same message.

55 Replies 55

Hi John, I have recieved one payment into my bank but not the other which was last weekend. In my opinion it is definitely taking longer for payments to arrive. Maybe plus 48 hrs more than it used to!

I have received mine but there is a longer delay between the money being sent and it arriving in my bank account. 

Airbnb clearly received significant interest payments on the money that sat for over two weeks with them, but there has been no conversation around that interest being provided to the Hosts. 

They certainly push us to provide outstanding customer service, but they certainly don’t lead by example!

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Plenty of us still out here waiting... I've had the verification cents land in my account so I'll just keep on waiting.

Talk about hurting your best brand ambassadors.

Stefan361
Level 2
Westcourt, AU

From the 2ns of Nov I was out a sicniificant amount but finally my amounts are now showing in Processing so I think they got the problems sorted I was pleased to take a call from Rochelle at the call centre as a follow up today

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @John764@Barbara-And-Andrew0@Sue297@Stefan361 and @Paul0,

Thanks for your addional comments here. It is good to hear several of you have now received your payments. I have heard updates from other hosts here in the CC that they have now received there's too, so payments are steadily getting sorted. 

Please do keep me posted on the situation with you, as I am closely monitoring this here in the CC and want to make sure everything is back to normal for all of you. 

Paul – just to check, have you received an email from Airbnb, stating the next steps and/or have any information on when your payment is expected to arrive with you?

Once again, I am really sorry about the delay you are experiencing with this, things are moving in the right direction, so I am very hopeful you will receive you payment(s) shortly. 

Speak to you soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

We are still waiting on our payments. I noticed my support query has been closed yet the issue hasn’t been resolved. I’ve updated my bank details about ten times or more and still nothing. This is simply not good enough that it’s taking so long. What makes it worse is that issues get closed off by your customer care team and they are not resolved. For a global company like Airbnb this level of service is just unacceptable. I would appreciate a response with some substance rather than the fluff I keep getting from the customer care team. 

Regards

Brian

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

I've been following the process through with the Support team and it looks like payments will probably come through on Monday or Tuesday. Like Brian, my support ticket has been closed even though I haven't been paid yet.

@Brian746 we only updated things once, then a few cents were sent by worldpay for Airbnb to validate (took about 3-4 days), once the 'Pending' is taken off that payout details you then need to click on the 3 dots and make it your default payout option. Then they should be able to schedule your outstanding payments as normal. Just providing my process as clarity just in case you're missing a step. 

Cheers,

Paul

Brian746
Level 1
O'Connell, Australia

. Hi Paul, thanks for the info. I've tried doing what you said numerous times without success. It just kept coming back in error. I rang Airbnb yesterday and they told me to try enter the bank account details on a laptop through Google Chrome as I had been using an iPad. Currently the account is pending so I'm hoping this might fix it. They said it could take up to 5 business days. If that is the solution I don't understand why I wasn't told that straight away. Anyway fingers crossed it gets resolved soon.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the update @Brian746 and @Paul0

Hopefully that has fixed it Brian and you are now on the road to receiving your payment. Please do continue to keep me updated, if you don't receive notification of things moving shortly, I will try and flag it to our support team. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

John764
Level 3
Claude Road, Australia

Is it just a little ironic the founders of this business conceived it from a Host's perspective - to make a few bucks when they were broke buy renting out their couch to travellers. Yet Air BnB's contempt of Hosts over this and other issues is overwhelmingly obvious.

I wonder if the founders they could imagine themselves not being paid by their creation?

I wonder if the founders even know there's been a problem? Their silence is deafening

Well, it'll be a long time before I trust Air BnB to be a safe creditor and a much longer period of time before I put my own money into the system to travel Air BnB as a guest. The technology doesn't seem to be much chop at all.

No trust, no tech, no IPO is my prediction.

Kimi-and-Mark0
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

I haven't received a payout since 11th October.  I reset my banking details over a week ago and received the $0.03 with no issue.  However, the $2,500 in overdue payments that was allegedly resent did not come through.  Yet again, nothing.  When I contacted Airbnb today, they just told me to wait another day.  Didn't even mention to me that this was a known issue.

I have been on the phone to my bank several times and, although they were quite helpful, there is nothing wrong on their end.  Luckily I found this thread and I now know what is going on.

Poor form Airbnb.