Are there Airbnb host families who would have traveling teenagers stay with them for a few days?

Hyesun0
Level 1
Marblehead, MA

Are there Airbnb host families who would have traveling teenagers stay with them for a few days?

My daughter just turned 17 years old, and she and her female friends of the same age would like to make a short international trip on their own to Japan. We would like to know if there might be families in the Airbnb network who would allow them to stay with them and provide some extra attention to ensure that everything goes smoothly.
Here are some additional details: My wife is Korean and we have extended family in Korea. My daughter and friend will travel to Korea, stay with family. Here is my concern: they want to travel on their own to Japan for a few days. We are concerned about them traveling internationally on their own. Would it be possible to have them stay with a family whom we could "meet" virtually in advance and who could provide help getting them from the airport to their home, provide guidance on how to get around, and wouldn't mind if my wife and I checked in with them to know if everything is going OK. Is there any way to make such arrangements for a more personally assisted visit for younger travelers? Both young women have had a good deal of international travel experience, but it has been with families. This time they would be venturing out on their own, and so, we, as parents, want to add an extra measure of security and assistance. 

0 Replies 0