Are we still in Beta?

Deb0
Level 9
Mendocino, CA

Are we still in Beta?

I'm curious about the status of the Community Center. Are we still in Beta? Are there further modifications coming to this forum? Is there a way to provide feedback to Airbnb about this forum other than creating a post?  This forum seems to still be a work in progress, but it doesn't seem to have any recent improvements. The layout of the old Groups is far superior, but some of the new features over here are great too. I'm worried that improving the Community Center seems to have returned to the bottom of the Airbnb priority list. Many of us found a lot of value and comrarderie in the old Groups and are feeling sad about it's imminent expiration.

@Lizzie can you give us a backstage view of what the plans are for the Community Center? 

2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Deb0,

Thanks for asking this. We are no longer running in the Beta version, however we are in a kind of transition period as the Center has just been launched and 'Groups' is still open. We are busy working on smoothing out any bugs that have been found, enhanced userability options and of course add new features such as Direct Messaging (I really hope DM will be available very shortly). Feedback on the Community Center is really important and all of it is fed back to the team, this will be an on-going process to enable the center to become as useful as possible to you and to the rest of the community. I hope you will see the new Community Center as something exciting and although there are still things to work on, together we can create something which will be a great place and tool for the community. 

In terms of your feedback, no problem if you don't want to post it directly into the Feedback thread, I completely understand. I would advise you to complete the feedback survey as there is a text box where you can add your thoughts. 

Thank you so much for letting me know about your concerns and I look forward to hearing your feedback. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Deb0,

Thanks for asking this. We are no longer running in the Beta version, however we are in a kind of transition period as the Center has just been launched and 'Groups' is still open. We are busy working on smoothing out any bugs that have been found, enhanced userability options and of course add new features such as Direct Messaging (I really hope DM will be available very shortly). Feedback on the Community Center is really important and all of it is fed back to the team, this will be an on-going process to enable the center to become as useful as possible to you and to the rest of the community. I hope you will see the new Community Center as something exciting and although there are still things to work on, together we can create something which will be a great place and tool for the community. 

In terms of your feedback, no problem if you don't want to post it directly into the Feedback thread, I completely understand. I would advise you to complete the feedback survey as there is a text box where you can add your thoughts. 

Thank you so much for letting me know about your concerns and I look forward to hearing your feedback. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.