As a co-host, can you leave a reply to a review?

in
Malta
Level 1

I'm co-host to various listings. It seems that I cannot find anywhere to leave a reply to a review as a co-host. Is this intended functionality from Airbnb?  It seems that only the actual owner can leave a reply, which in my opinion doesn't make sense. In this case, the owner is not dealing with the guests so it is my responsibility to reply.

Regards,

Karl

3 Replies

Re: As a co-host, can you leave a reply to a review?

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Karl1044  If the listing is under your profile and you receive the notifications to leave a review, you should also be able to leave responses.

in
Malta
Level 1

The listing is under a different account's profile. I am a co-host, helping out with the listing.  I've confirmed with the account profile owner that they can leave a public review. I cannot as a co-host. This does not make sense.  Is this intended functionality? 

in
Berlin, Germany
Level 10

@Karl1044  I don't know what the team who set the co-hosting parameters was thinking, but it makes sense to me that the primary host would have the right to final say over a review response, since that's a very visible and consequential part of their listing. People very often screw it up by addressing the reviewer instead of their prospective guests - responding to a negative review in the wrong way is the easiest way to look totally  unprofessional and upend an otherwise good reputation. So it might not be such a bad thing if you have to work as a team on this one. Whatever you have to say, if it's worth posting, presumably the host you're collaborating with can paste it in.