As a host no-one who has stayed has written a review. How can I get a star rating??

Janice9
Level 1
Leesburg, FL

As a host no-one who has stayed has written a review. How can I get a star rating??

I am new at hosting and have had no reviews.  Therefore I have no stars.  I can't make someone write a review.  What do I do?

2 Replies 2
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

How many bookings have you had? It's not unusual for 25%-50% of guests to skip the review.

Try temporarily reducing your rate by maybe 25%. That might sound extreme, but you'll a) get more bookings and b) probably have some happy guests, who will give you happy reviews. After a few positive reviews, adjust your rates back up to where you really want them.

If you find this helpful, consider clicking the Thumbs Up button near the lower right. Thanks!

Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Hi @Janice9 You are right that you cannot make someone write you a review but you can kindly remind them. We send a message to every one of our guests after they've checked out explaining the review process and it's importance. About 90% of our guests have written us a review.