Asian guest always extra guests staying not paid

Melanie629
Level 2
Mount Gambier, AU

Asian guest always extra guests staying not paid

It appears that we have detected a pattern of Asian guest not booking correct number of guest and having many more stay. Recently we had a booking of 8 guests. Neighbours both sides reported noise to us and that there was at least 16-20 staying in the house for the duration of the booking. I contact airbnb and without photographic evidence there was nothing we could do about it. I am now considering installing security camera both for security when not there and also to enable photographic evidence to prove additional guests. This has happen at least 3 of the past 5 bookings and we are loosing money and the additional cleaning is making it a financial issue. Any one else have this issue and any advice would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Melanie629 Unregistered guests are a bigger issue than just losing on your payout. You and the unauthorized guests aren't covered in the event anything goes wrong. Also, how would your insurance provider view this, especially with as many as 20 people in your house? A camera will help you to a degree, but it won't keep them from getting in the house. If this happens that frequently, you should be present at check in to refuse the unregistered guests access. Or have someone else who can. State in your rules that only registered guests are allowed on the property, for any reason or duration of time. And that the maximum is 10, according to your stated occupancy limit. Make sure to reiterate that to these guests in your pre-stay communications and let them know that unregistered guests will be denied access.

I agree will need to be there on check in it’s 30 minutes away but could arrange cleaner to be on site I guess this would help. You raise valid points about insurance and coverage and I do need to crack down on registered guest only as they often use excuse of local visitors being on site.