Asking a guest to leave

Answered!
Venus3
Level 1
St Louis, MO

Asking a guest to leave

A young woman booked a room in my house, telling me that she and her boyfriend were coming to visit from California. Great. She arrived an hour ago, by herself. I asked her about her boyfriend. She explained that he is a student at the local university and isn't allowed guests in his dorm room, so she booked my room so that he could join her here. Needless to say, they were having sex less than thirty minutes after he got here. The layout of my place is such that every room I can be in borders their bedroom. I never would have agreed to the reservation had I understood the real situation. I understand that they miss each other and that having sex is totally normal. But this is my house. I'm going to be here all weekend, working. I do not want my home to be a make-shift brothel for the weekend. Can I ask them to  leave? Or do I just have to suck it up?

1 Best Answer
CarlandDiane0
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

They'll probably have to come up for air (and food...for stamina purposes) at some point. That will give you the opportunity to leave a note on the Love Chamber door when that they'll see when they return.

"Dear -----, I hope you're having a wonderful stay here.  But just so ya know: the walls are really thin here in the house. And I've been cursed with terrific hearing.  😉

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Your sleepy host, Venus"

WIth luck, they'll crank it down a notch. We've only been hosting for two months and we've already had a couple "cheater couples" stay with us.  At least they're staying in a well-insulated guest house so they could be up to all kinds of Olympic-class stuff in there and we'd never know it. But Diane sages the room afterward, just to get rid of the lingering guilt.

Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20

@CarlandDiane0 Good feedback and a great sense of humor; we want to stay at your place 😉

Same thing happened to me!   This is my first guest.  They have not left the house since they got here.  I thought I was renting a room for a B and B not a sex den!    I am not a puritanical person either but these guests are taking advantage!   They are also an hour past checkout!   And will not leave.   Can I charge them an extra day?

Maxime34
Level 2
North Kuta, Indonesia

Unfortunately this is not a viable reason to cancel their stay.
But like mentioned before, you should just let them know that the walls are quite thins, so if they can just do an effort that would be nice 😉

Sam104
Level 4
Leeds, United Kingdom

Raise both your eyebrows, wink a couple of times point at you ear, wink again and say are you having a good stay, with a big smile on  your face,  might help

John498
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I just want to know what they say when you ask them if they are going to come again ( to your place)?

In this case, you'll probably get a "I hope so."