Asking for Cancellation and then deciding to keep the reservation

Answered!

Asking for Cancellation and then deciding to keep the reservation

Long story short, I have made a reservation for 1 day for a room and paid for it after host agreed. During my reservation request I said my host that we were 2 people and host warned me that I have to pay extra $38 for the extra guest. I told my host that it is too much for me and if possible I would like to cancel the reservation only if I could get full refund(minus airbnb fee).  The host had strict cancelation policy and yet he said that he was gonna refund in full If I cancel the reservation myself.  airbnb system offered me no refund so I asked host If he would refund me in full after I cancelled my reservation. He sent me a request for the extra guest the same day and I paid for it.. After I paid for the extra guest, Host responded in a tricky way, saying that I have to cancel and he will refund me.. obviously he did not want to issue me full refund. I said how much he was gonna pay and He asked me to cancel immediately.. which I did not want to do before hearing that he was gonna send me full refund minus airbnb fee.. he sent me a request to refund me for %55 and told me that I have to accept it and cancel my reservation. I said I respect his policy but If no full refund can be issued I want to keep my reservation. he contacted me again telling me  how dissapointed he was and How   unserious i was as a guest and He said he was wrong to treat me in a good way .  He said he promised other people to stayfoe this dates..I politely told him that there is no reason for him to be dissapointed and rude and I already paid for the whole reservation and never agreed to cancel the reservation under such terms so He should not have promised other people to host for the same date..

now he is unresponsive to my messages and obviously does not want to host me. I know I am not totally innocent at that point but at the same time I am a newbie and I think I did not violate any airbnb policy.. any advice?

I am afraid that If i stay at home it is gonna be a nightmare for me because he will treat us in a bad way but at the same time I don’t want to loose some $60..

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Bahadır1

It seems your hosts just wasted your time until 48 hours went by and you lost the chance to cancel and be refunded.

The next time don't waste your time, just go.ogle instead

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#strict-with-grace-period

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Bahadır1

It seems your hosts just wasted your time until 48 hours went by and you lost the chance to cancel and be refunded.

The next time don't waste your time, just go.ogle instead

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#strict-with-grace-period

.... and yes, when booking you have to enter correct dates AND the correct number of people in your group, this way you will see the final cost of your stay and no additional fees shouldn't be applied afterward.

I appreciate your answer.. I Know that I was wrong not entering the right number of people.. I really did not know that it was a matter.. After I learnt about it , I paid for the extra person that host asked me for. So that should not be an issue. I learnt my lesson here. 

Is my host obligated to host me at that point? 

@Bahadır1

of course, if you didn't cancel then your booking is still active and he has to host you.