Automatically block a room if the other one gets booked

Automatically block a room if the other one gets booked

Hi everyone,

I am listing two rooms of the same flat on Airbnb, and I would like to know if there is a way to automatically block the dates of one room if the other one gets booked. Any of the two rooms may be booked, and if it does get booked, the other would get blocked.

I can't find any relevant help about that anywhere.

Does anyone know if that is possible?

Best,

Paul

9 Replies 9
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hi Paul,

I have seen this question, or versions of it several times.  Currently it is not possible.  I agree though, that it is a great idea, and should be.  I would encourage you to post this idea in the "host voice" section of the community.  This is not a discussion between hosts, but a forum for hosts to post ideas directly to the company.  If enough people comment or "like" the idea, then Airbnb will review it.  No guarantees, but they have inplemented host suggested ideas in the past..

Better yet, do a search for someone else's suggestion (there are several) and then comment or "thumbs up" it. A review by the company depends on how many people respond to a comment.

Good luck!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the heads up, it's sad to hear...

Don't you think it would still be possible with Calendar Sync and Zapier or IFTTT?

How does the Calendar Sync work? Have you had experience with it? Can you sync a calendar to auto-block some dates? If so, then I believe if you sync one listing with your calendar, and make sure it auto-blocks the other, and the other way around, then we might accomplish it.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Paul

Roberto284
Level 1
Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala

Couldn't you just create 2 listings for each room?

Jamie69
Level 7
Wheat Ridge, CO

As stated above, there's no simple way to automate this. I'm in the same situation. I have three bedrooms. I rent out one, or two, or three. I do not rent to different groups simultaneously.

So whenever anyone books any of my listings, I have to block the other two as soon as possible.

So far, that's not been an issue, but I suspect that someday I'll double book and then I'll have to figure out what to do.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I feel your experience. Thanks for your time. Well, let's hope it will be rolled out one day. I'll still investigate about the calendar thing though I'm worried that it's just to sync to the third party, rather than to sync "from" the third party...

Best,

Paul

Connor6
Level 1
Des Moines, IA

I thought it was possible in the "sync calendars" option but it doesn't seem to be. 

Thanks for the heads up, Connor. Sad to hear.

I had no other choice but to un-list the second room as if both are booked at the same time, it's not going to work out.

Ravi53
Level 1
Jodhpur, India

Hi Paul

I am also facing the same problem I have three rooms and if others sites book one room then I have to block all the rooms on airbnb

Can anyone help me?

Kindest Regards

Ravi Ramani

Royal Panorama.

Jodhpur (Rajasthan) India

Well, what I referred to does not actually involve other sites, only Airbnb.

Sadly, there's still no way to synchronise different listings on Airbnb. So don't quite expect to find any solution that involves other sites, it's even less probable it will ever happen.

There's no alternative but to do everything manually, and to risk having two conflicting bookings at the same time. 

Good luck.