Availability error: "We’re still setting up your calendar. Check back in a few hours."

Brianna159
Level 2
Youngstown, OH

Availability error: "We’re still setting up your calendar. Check back in a few hours."

Is this the new host error I must wait out before being able to see my listing ?

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Brianna159  It takes about 24 hrs for a listing to go live after submitting it. But it appears to be in the search system now. 

I read your listing and you have omitted crucial infomation that will cause you problems. It is very unclear what the living arrangements are.

You say way down below that you live downstairs. But you haven't made it clear if guests walk through common space, i.e. a staircase inside your home to get to their room, what level the kitchen is on, that you share the kitchen with your guests.

All this should be spelled out in the body of your listing description. You would be amazed how many guests don't read thoroughly through listing info- it's important to try to make all clear upfront. Otherwise you'll end up with guests who arrive thinking they have an entire suite to themselves and are shocked to find out they are sharing the kitchen, etc, with you.

Brianna159
Level 2
Youngstown, OH

@Brianna159 wrote:

Is this the new host error I must wait out before being able to see my listing ?

@Sarah977  THANK YOU for the  tips! will be updating soon1

Also how can you see my listing ? I still cant find it when looking from other devices ?

@Brianna159  I clicked on your profile photo here, which takes me to your community profile page, under your photo there, it says View Profile. This takes you to a host (or guest's) Airbnb profile page. Where any listings and reviews are shown. Then I clicked in your listing thumbnail there, which calls up the listing as it appears on the Airbnb site. 

So I didn't go do a search for Youngstown, Ohio to try to find it, but if a listing hasn't been published yet, nothing would come up when I clicked on the thumbnail in your profile. It would just go to the main Airbnb page.

Sometimes you have to zoom in on the map of your area on the main site for your listing to show in the search results. Airbnb has all sorts of search algorithms which seem to be a big secret 🙂  

A guest once told me she searched my area 5 times before my listing came up, and it only did when she upped the maximum price to twice what I charge.

When you do a search, do it in "incognito" mode on your device. That way you see the search pages as a guest would. You won't get the same results if you search while logged into your account or if the algorithms pick up your IP address.