Awaiting Guest Review

Answered!

Awaiting Guest Review

I received a review from a guest today but in Manage Listing I see 'awaiting guest review'.

Can anyone help please ?

Thank in advance

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Karl1077 

Awaiting for your review about the guest ?

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Karl1077 

Awaiting for your review about the guest ?

Hello

No, the message says I have reviewed my guest and I am awaiting their review but they sent a review earlier today. Does my review, from my guest show on my account to the public?

Thanks for your help 🙂 

@Karl1077  Once both reviews are submitted, they both are publicly posted to the respective profiles almost immediately, in my experience. If only one party leaves a review, it will be posted 14 days after the check out time on your listing.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Karl1077  How do you know the guest submitted a review already? The guest told you they had?

Or did the guest send you private feedback? If you can see what they have written, that isn't a review- you can't read a review until it's made public.

Hi Sarah
I got a notification on the airbnb app that the guest wrote a review.

If you can see what they have written, that isn't a review- you can't read a review until it's made public.  Thats very strange.  Im new to this so struggling a little

Thanks for your advice.

@Karl1077  What I meant by if it' s a review, you can't read it until it's published, is that reviews are blind, not viewable until made public.

But now I see a review from Sara on both your profile and your listing, so if that is the guest in question, there was just a lag in the system.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Karl1077 Those notifications you see in your hosting pages aren’t always accurate. I find they tend to stick around and not go away even after a task has been completed. Below is how reviews work,

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/13

There are many ways to see your reviews, whether you’re in desktop or app.

Is that what you’re wondering about? 

ps I just peeked at your listing, and your only review, given by Sara, does not show on your listing, but is on your profile. This is a glitch I believe. I’ve seen a few other posts about this recently on the forum. 

EE49AE9B-7621-42C5-A403-70C88260816C.jpeg