Awaiting payment currently on the 8th day

Elina622
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Awaiting payment currently on the 8th day

Hi all,

I am currently experiencing some issues with Airbnb. A guest tried to book our place, we accepted and Currently after 8 days it still says awaiting payment and our dates are blocked meaning no one else can book.  We have talked with the guest and she have tried to do the payment various times with no success and also contacted Airbnb but no help from them. We as the host have been in contact with Airbnb for 8 days now without any help from them. They say the technical team is working on it but I have serious doubts.. each agent we have talked to have been rude and really unhelpful, I also said that they will have to compensate us as the blocked dates hits us in one week but they refused that and said they could give me an voucher on $25. Have any of you experienced this? Any advice? 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Elina622 

If it is a technical glitch you have no other choice then to wait. Normally guests have 24 hours to make the payment, so i think this should also be the limit when payments can not be made succesfully due to technical errors. I agree 8 days is a rediculous period to try to make a payment. Airbnb should cancel the process when hosts is requesting it and free up the calender for other bookings.

Elina622
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply @Emiel1! they say it is a technical glitch and I mean that’s ok, that can happen but we are currently on the 9th day and yet to be fixed. I would have thought that such issues would have been priorities and fixed within an acceptable timeframe. They don’t seem willing to compensate us either which I find quite odd as this is an issuer their end and we are not currently able to get any other reservations on those dates.