Awful Airbnb Support

Helios5
Level 1
Palm Springs, CA

Awful Airbnb Support

Has anyone else been seeing the extreme decline in airbnb support? Before the pandemic, issues would get resolved rather quickly. Now, even a simple reimbursement case has taken them WEEKS to follow up. Currently I am dealing with one of my listing being suspended due to a neighbor who has been calling in to make false claims. My listing is suspended for 30 days "pending investigation". The kicker is that I have police records, noisesensors, code enforcement records, and even testimony from a neighboring airbnb who has dealt with this awful neighbor yet Airbnb has not reached out to collect any of my evidence. I have called in almost every single day and each time I am told that someone will reach back out to me. Every single time I call in, I am forced to repeat myself over and over again because they are not communication amongst each other. 

Anyone else have been dealing with this lack of support? Where else can I turn to get help? It seems like I am just stuck at their mercy. 

5 Replies 5
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Helios5, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing. I've passed this on to the team. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I feel for you.  When I reach out to support I get a generic response then they close the thread.  I think staff are incentivised to close cases quickly even if this leads to frustration and lack of closure for hosts.  They continue to do this until you get so fed up you give up.  Really bad behaviour considering the fees we pay.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Nicky200 ,

Is there any specific concern that you need help with? Please feel free to share it with us, if we or other Hosts can help you with any insights.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika, yes happy to share…

I initially contacted support because when I searched for my listing it didn’t show in the results and I gave up after page 14 when I contacted support.

The response I received insinuated that I was lying and my listing was visible.

I was a little taken a back but when I tried to engage with support the thread kept closing.

I created cases that said “please don’t close” which were closed.

As it transpired my listing  calendar was blocked (potentially inadvertently by me) so would never have been visible.  But this wasn’t spotted by support staff who insisted our property was visible.

Anyway,  given that my original thread was closed I opened a new one, this was combined with the original then closed.  I am sure Airbnb hosts are very familiar with this cycle of closing and combining  cases, then closing.. repeat… repeat

In the meantime my partner videoed the online search and our property wasn’t listed but the only way to report this is to create a new thread which Airbnb support  link to another case then close.  Ad infinitum….

Most interactions with support are an exercise in frustration.  You are beaten down with bad service until you have no energy and give up.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Nicky200 ,

Thanks for giving more information on your situation. Were you able to unblock your calendar? Or was it blocked due to guest bookings?

There was a similar discussion, which I had helped look into through the technical team. I think the information I have provided there, might help you. Please feel free to refer to the below thread : 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Optimise-your-listing/Listings-have-disappeared-long-time-super-...

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines