Awful Experience - Kissimmee FL Home

Michael5893
Level 1
Norristown, PA

Awful Experience - Kissimmee FL Home

We stayed at a house that didn't match the pics, was dirty, furniture was broken and finished with maggots from trash that came into the garage. After taking pictures and complaining to Airbnb as well as the host we were promised a partial refund. Of course the host has gone silent. This group has similar reviews on VRBO as well. I am livid that people would take folks hard earned money and do something like this. So I am making it my business to warn anyone that has used Airbnb as me and my wife has to avoid these hosts.

Avoid any listing with Nova Vacation Homes. They have several homes in Windsor, Champions Gate and other places in that area. I will continue to pursue this until we get a partial refund or Airbnb starts to regulate some of these types of scams.

12 Replies 12

Hello Michael, I wish we saw this comment before our current stay. Did you ever get your refund?

Thank you 

Kelly1811, can you send me you contact info to **. I'm am working to do a news segment on Nova Vacations, I would like to hear about your experience

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Jane3912
Level 1
Chipperfield, United Kingdom

We too, had an awful experience with Nova Vacation. We stayed at Windsor Hills in Dinville St. The villa lacked the basics, was filthy, stained furniture, peeling laminate on kitchen cupboards, filthy floors, old bedding, not enough towels, no shower mats etc etc. 

Sporadic responses from the company and empty promises that never materialised., including one to come and clean the villa properly.
They should be ashamed of themselves, taking hard-earned money from people, some of whom are on a trip of a lifetime. 

We ended up going through Airbnb for resolution, but Airbnb should now, not use them.

Jane3912, can you send me you contact info to **. I'm am working to do a news segment on Nova Vacations, I would like your story to be part of it

Hi @Michael5893  and others! I am in the same situation with this same scam of company Nova Vacations. I paid for pool/spa heating ($175)... got there and it wasn't working. they never got it fixed throughout the week and now saying they aren't going to refund me because their system didn't show any malfunctions....

did any of you get your refunds? if so, how did you?

DeMarcus6, can you send me you contact info to **. I'm am working to do a news segment on Nova Vacations, I would like your story to be part of it

Sylvia819
Level 1
Lawrenceville, GA

Michael5893, can you send me you contact info to **. I'm am working to do a news segment on Nova Vacations, I would like your story to be part of it

Another bad experience.  

Rented a house in Windsor June 11-15.  Purposely picked the house because it had an awesome game room for the kids.  Upon arrival the door code didn't work.  Had to call to get a different one.  

Once we got inside the kids went straight to the game room.  There was supposed to be a video game counsel, air hockey, pool table, foosball and a basketball game.  The video game counsel was there but there were no games or controllers, the air hockey table had a hole in it and had no paddles or pucks, the pool table had one stick that was broken, the basketball game was missing one hoop and the other was falling off.  Only thing that worked was the foosball which the kids were not interested in.

Within an hour I called Nova to report the issues.  They said they would send maintenance out and would let us know they were coming.  This was Sunday around 5 pm.  After that call we started to notice other problems.  Many of the ceiling fans had either dead or were missing their remote controls.  In the master bedroom this meant that we could turn the fan on or off only (it was on low speed) and could not turn on the light.  Would not have been a terrible problem except even though the AC was set to 72 the house did not cool below 77.  There were two units, one for upstairs and one for down, and this was the case for both.  There was a large coffee pot that did not work.  We had to use a 4-cup pot and make two pots of coffee each am.

Maintenance showed up Wednesday am with no prior notification.  We showed them all the problems.  They were surprised by how much was wrong.  They brought a new pool stick.  THAT's IT!!

I texted and called Nova multiple times.  At the end of our stay (checked out Thursday) I called and requested a partial refund due to issues we experienced.  They said they would work on my request and would have an answer in 7-15 days.  I told them that on day 16, without satisfactory resolution, that I would be writing a bad review.  Not a threat, just a fact.  I did not realize that you can only do a review on AirBNB within 14 days of checkout.  I'm sure that Nova new that.  They did not get back to me with a resolution until day 19 which meant no AirBNB review.  The resolution was zero dollars returned.

So not only was I disappointed with the house and lack of partial refund, I am always very angry about the fact that Nova knew I would no longer be able to write an AirBNB review.  Very sneaky.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jill1281I am so sorry you went through this experience. Have you contacted the Airbnb Support Team? What did they say?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

I did and they said sorry you only have 14 days to do a review.  They sent me a link to report the company.

I fully agree with above. The home we rented in May 2023 (2623 Daulby Street in Kissimee), was filthy, mosquito net of the pool was broken, so a lot of bugs in the pool and the house, pool slowly emptying by itself (after a call we had to put a hose in the pool to fill this again) broken cabinets and a lot of appliances not working. Same issues with our complaint. We were promised a partial refund and they dragged this for a long period, so a refund request through Airbnb was not possible anymore. 

Karmisha0
Level 2
Lansing, IL

Terrible communication, a cleaning fee for a dirty home, paid extra for pool that was not safe to swim in for half the trip (lack of chlorine), paid extra for inoperable grill w/ empty propane tank, & worse of all broken bed, which meant two guests did not have a bed (slept on movie room chairs). The bed was completely caved in and lopsided; maintenance could not fix it. There are 2 bunk beds, 1 queen size bed, 2 full size beds, and 6 king size beds. 4 out of 6 king size beds sit low to the ground (while laying- your head will be lower than the nightstand and can see the gap between the mattress and the headboard). The beds are so low, you can roll on to the floor. Upon arrival we had to go to the local market to purchase laundry detergent to wash dirty sheets and towels. We have footage of cockroaches (exterminator came next day). We forgot an I-pad on the top bunk bed. They claim "cleaning crew" did not locate it but locator show I-pad location in the home. We have footage of a green pool, inoperable grill, dirty linen, broken bed, & cockroaches. The home does not provide enough towels and the towels that are provided are dirty. We purchased more towels plus washed towels and sheets. The Ac unit was set for 72 degrees, but the house did not cool below 78 degrees. The icemaker stopped working after the first night and the refrigerator did not keep food cold, although the freezer worked perfectly. The game room is equipped with 3 arcade style games and a basketball machine. One of the arcade racing machines was not operable and continuously shut down. It has been two weeks, I have called over ten times, and sent over 10 messages (literally), management has not called to follow-up. Management non-response. It is not the resort that is problem, it is Nova Vacation! For the reasons stated above, avoid Nova Vacation at all costs.