BEWARE OF THE SCAM FROM THIS HOST

Gigi4
Level 2
Sedona, AZ

BEWARE OF THE SCAM FROM THIS HOST

Hello AirBnB Community,

Please BEWARE of this SCAM from the host.  I was appalled that this person is out there and "KNEW" my daughter and 5-month old grandson were coming into stay at their place.  When my daughter arrived at the 'house', there was a family living there and she was told, she was the 5th person who showed up at their private home.  That was dangerous for my daughter and my grand baby. The police were called and AirBnB management was made aware of the SCAM.  

Please make sure you are aware of it as well.  

17 Replies 17
Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Gigi4 

I am not sure I understand your complaint. Her listing is that of a shared accommodation, not an entire home listing. I personally only have listings for entire homes and not shared but it is very common for guests to not read description properly when it clearly shows on her listing that it is shared. Were police called because of the misunderstanding, sounds rather harsh.

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Gigi4- I too do not understand your posting.  This host looks legit and obviously does house sharing.  You need to explain better why you feel this is a scam.

see response below

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Gigi4 As @Sean433 said what is the scam? This host's two listings are obviously not entire homes and any guest booking either of them should expect to share the home. The police were called??? Good grief, that takes the cake when it comes to guests failing to read listing descriptions.

You clearly did not read what I wrote.  The "FAMILY" whose house has been advertised on AirBnB is NOT an AirBnB, they called the cops.  After 5 different individuals showed up at their house.   How would you feel to learn your house is on the AirBnB to rent out and people are booking your house, you have no knowledge.  Pretty scary stuff for the "Family" with strangers knocking on their door and the individuals booking being scammed, that's  pretty **bleep**ty. 

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

what do you expect for $25

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

Send you daughter to me she can stay here for $400 a night here all by herself.

At this point I will only trust Superhost to send my family to.  I hope you make Superhost one day.

I will never be a super host!  Too many lying guests trying to bring extra people in for free. I confront them everytime and they get retaliate by leaving bad reviews  🙂

Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Gigi4 

If this was the result of YOUR misunderstanding of what a shared accommodation is, you should apologize to the host. Really! because calling the police is excessive. Unless you are in actual danger or a threat was made towards you, that is extremely excessive and a misuse of city resources in which case you could have been fined by the city

Sean, no misunderstanding. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Sean433 @Nina75 @Susan1404 curiouser and curiouser... @Gigi4 is herself a superhost of a private room listing...

Gigi4
Level 2
Sedona, AZ

There was no misunderstanding of the venue.  We booked the room knowing that it was a shared home.  But when my daughter arrived, it was a house with a family of 6 living there, it was their private home that was NOT LISTED as an AirBnB.  They called the cops to report this person who is using their address.   This is a scam and put a mother and baby in danger. My daughter sent communication thru AirBnB and received only an email on how to get into the home.  She arrived late in the evening to find out the home was not an AirBnB.  It wasn't until I sent emails to the 'host' that they cancelled her reservation.  I will continue to report this person and those writing reviews.  AirBnB is to be a safe place for people to travel to, not scam artists who play with other people's lives and money!

@Gigi4 how odd. I would love to hear the other side of this story.