BOOKKEEPING SOFTWARE

BOOKKEEPING SOFTWARE

Hello dear Community,

I hope you are doing awesome. The thing I'm looking for is a Bookkeeping software that can:

1. Make a detailed per report per unit owner.
  2. Reconciliate with my accounting system.

Did you guys have any? I have done some extensive research already: 

1. Onsite Property Manager seams ok but it looks like it was done in the 90's.
  2. Fresh books doesn't fit.
  3. Booqable similar issue.
  4. Appfolio starts at 50 properties.

Any ideas?

thx,

22 Replies 22

Hi @Rachel514,

Bookkeeping software for vacation rentals is tough to find. However, there's a workaround system that we've created which allows for detailed reporting on per property level. Drom me a line on eh@thenewhaus.com or contact me through www.thenewhaus.com and I'll be happy to share an example with you for what we do.

Thanks,

Emil 

I'd like to provide an update to my previous post from almost 2 years ago.  

I've always cared about accuracy in bookkeeping and reporting because I know that if my books are accurate then I'd be able to rely on the reports I see, and I can make better decisions. Therefore, instead of using the multiple tools I had put in place through PMS - Zapier - QBO - Google Sheets and constantly do manual work and fix from integration errors, we decided to build a software that solves this problem.

The software can be found on www.domasoft.io and it automates bookkeeping for Airbnb hosts. We accept requests for access now and grant it based on the best fit for our current development. I hope you will give it a try and I know that we will help provide you visibility like never before. It is free for now.

Hello!

Intried reaching out to the email info@domasoft.io and wasnt lucky.

please contact at mcalderon@arbaproperties.mx.

i am interested

@Mauricio478definitely check out Bnbtally: https://www.bnbtally.com/

My accountant set me up with it several months ago. It integrates Airbnb directly with QuickBooks or Xero accounting software and it handles all of my Airbnb reservation bookkeeping automatically. It's reliable and has great reviews in the QuickBooks App Store.

Darcie6
Level 1
Dallas, TX

Hi Rachel!

I have several AirBNB and property management clients that I use QuickBooks Online with for their bookkeeping. I use the QBO Plus that has “class” tracking, or another way to say it is “property” tracking. I post all AirBNB deposits and expenses per unit, which gives a great profit & loss per month per unit. It’s simple to use also. If you need more advice or help I’m at www.payforwardbookkeeping.com anytime. Good luck 🙂

Hi Rachel,

I'm told that option is $35 per month.  Isn't there another system that doesn't cost so much?  I do want to track each property with expenses and income rentals.  Just don't really want to spend $420 per year.

Thanks so much.

Michelle

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Rachel514  I use QuickBooks Premier Pro, but not the online version like @Darcie6. It has custom options that work for both my rentals and Venue to get detailed information on each at the click of a button. 

Darren88
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Feel free to check out https://www.bnbsync.io

We use it for our trust account with Xero and it manages 300-400 transactions a week with our 70 properties.

Thanks,

Darren

Do you work with Airbnb API? Or do I need to enter Airbnb reservation payments manually? 

Hi Darren I've messaged you a few days ago by email and no response.

I cant reset my password and I need yo contact you

so far I found the best free cloud-based app is the https://www.tenantcloud.com/, its also available on the phone

It provided not only the accounting transaction,  outgoing(expense)  and also self calculated formula for depreciation of the asset.

Compliance is very important whilst get some extra income 😛 

Regs

Jennifer

Jason114
Level 3
Mountain View, CA

Quickbooks Online is best if you have multiple listings and perhaps other streams of income to divvy up. And then I use Bnbtally for automatic integration between Airbnb & Quickbooks, which works perfectly.

Jason, could i get your help setting up bnbtally?  The gentleman who was part of their site helping wasnt helpful.

Please call at 504-515-2005

I actually find the support quite helpful. My accountant set me up with BNBTALLY years ago and it still works perfectly. They have a ton of documentation on their blogs and plenty of support articles to get you started. But if you are looking for individualized accounting and tax advice, you need to contact your own accountant as every state and county has it's own nuances. BNBTALLY is a software automation, not an accounting firm, they automate the repetitive stuff so I don't have to pay my accountant to do so, and I save a ton of money and time as a result. If you need a reference for an accountant, feel free to reach out and I can forward you to my accountant, who can help you with your setup.

Anyway, I absolutely love BNBTALLY: https://www.bnbtally.com/

Cheers!