Bad guest

Tracy608
Level 2
Australia

Bad guest

I had a guest who booked 1 turned up two then argued that they were not paying extra guest fee. 

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tracy608  And what did you do?

I rang Airbnb asap tell them. 

Airbnb told me actually on screen share to add the guest fee in . But the Airbnb person on support stuffed up placed a price down not on my listing. So I just have to deal with lower price. 

Then I still got abused by host. 

Host stayed abused property. Used my appliances bedding etc urinated on floor rugs. And now requesting money back saying there was no power. 

Omg 

What lies guest come up with 

Tracy608
Level 2
Australia

The guest said that they be disputing with Airbnb when he  picked up keys saying to me the host it's too expensive. 

I  said to guest look that's is how it is. You have to pay extra guest fee. He Abused me and said this is not right. He then even before he got the key he was going to dispute price. 

I said look please I don't want any trouble you can leave now . That's it I can get another person to stay. I told the rude guest I had two other people requesting the property. So I needed to know if he wanted to stay. He said he stay but still going to Airbnb. 

This was wrong. I contacted Airbnb asap . Told them of this hostile guest and very rude .  Told Airbnb he disputing any extra guest fee, as he has the right to book for 1 bring how many be wishes. 

Not right.

Now I'm getting a email from Airbnb support saying guest wants money back 

What after he the guest urinated on my floors Matt's . Abused power pulled things apart. 

Omg help 

Tracy608
Level 2
Australia

I now have to convince Airbnb support that the guest was bad. They taking their side saying the guest had no Power.

How did they use nespresso machine . How did they use microwave.

How did they have lights, tv and used air com. Omg 

This is outrageous. So stressful enough to have a bad guest. But to have the Airbnb staff believe the bad guest. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tracy608  You say this guest was abusive from the moment he picked up the keys. Why didn't just deny him entry? Then he refused to pay for extra guest. Again, why didn't you deny him entry? He threw up red flags from the moment he arrived.

When this happens, you don't start by calling Airbnb, you don't let the guest have the keys. Then you contact Airbnb, tell them what happened and ask them to cancel the booking with  no penalties to you.

Airbnb isn't going to send a knight in shining armour to protect you from guests like this. You have to protect yourself.