Bad review.

Ever5
Level 2
Tijuana, Mexico

Bad review.

I had a gust lie in his review. I was told there is nothing I can do about the review. I had my last guest tell me that this review pops up as my main review and this person was not my first or last guest. Why does it come as the main review? It is affecting my bookings. My last guest said they were going to pass on booking with me because of the review but I was close to the venue they were going to be at. Why does Airbnb post a negative review as the main review? My bookings have slowed. Maybe its time to look for alternatives to airbnb. What's the point of doing this if you don't book, mostly based on a lie?  All my other reviews were good, and this person also did the same to another host. 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ever5  I'm not sure what you mean by "main review". There is no such thing as a main review-  normally the reviews go in chronological order, although reviews from guests from the same country where your listing is usually appear first. When I just looked, I see 5 nice reviews above that bad one. As you get more guests, that bad review should get buried farther down the page.

Ever5
Level 2
Tijuana, Mexico

It is the principal one that has been there for a while now, my last two guests said it was the first one they saw. The last guests said she had already decided to not book with me but her husband told her the location was good and that my other reviews were great so they took a chance. She mentioned that many others might not be booking because of the review. It just seems really dumb that they would want to affect the people who make them money this way. If you do a little research on the guy you can see he does this to others. All my other reviews are good and one is ok.  I am fine with a bad review but to keep it at the top of all the other ones is just not good for business.  Not being able to have some kind of way of working it out with both parties is also not smart. The guest can lie and maybe hosts can as well, that is their policy. I now see the effect of this bad policy, no bookings. We shall see how good that turns out for Airbnb. 

@Ever5, How reviews are seen seems to vary depending on many factors. This is what I see when I check your reviews and the bad one is still 2 more below this. You have more great reviews than you do this one bad one. I know bad reviews bother all of us but try not to sweat it too much.32CEF8D7-AE4A-4131-8183-81803B1C5A70.png

We all run our Airbnb‘s in fear of bad reviews which is somewhat misguiding on our own part to believe there’s not someone out there that will write a bad review for alternative reasons. I just had experienced that person. she not only wrote a bad review with the review so will scripted it was very obvious that she had done this many many times before.  Lindsay being her name had entered my home and quickly left my home to write a review on her way to a nice expensive hotel to replace my room. Writing the review and requesting a full refund .after reading the reviews and it being so obvious it was over scripted complains about everything  from dust bunnies to noise from the TV could be heard in her room that she had planned to have a quiet cozy weekend undisturbed in a large home of many other Airbnb persons.  She promptly called  airbnb and requested a full refund and compensation for the room she was staying in being that it was my fault that she had to endure those extra expenses. Airbnb did contact me and we had a long conversation about her request I agreed to refund 50% of her weekend stay but none more  she was infuriated by this and had insisted Airbnb refund her fully and pay for the room that she had to incur expenses of . Airbnb decided they would reimburse her not only for the room but for my refund in full even though I received only half of the refund which tells me that she received was rewarded for her efforts in full and got to stay in a nice hotel at Airbnb‘s expense. 

After reading her response and review I mediately contacted Airbnb about this Airbnb read her posting said they would not be visible in my response or review was not posted about her either which leaves other Airbnb host unknowingly may book her again the key question to ask Airbnb in this situation is if this person has done this before .  they informed me that she had three other cases of the same nature that they paid out on for her as well . Airbnb did agree to flag her account even though none of the reviews on either side will posts . hopefully no Airbnb hosts will be subject to her wrath good luck