Bank account verification stuck in pending state

Bank account verification stuck in pending state

Hello,

I went through the listing process & added my bank account details. Got a message saying payment method was successfully added but would take 4 to 5 days for AirBnB to get it verified. But it's been over 10 days & the account still shows in the "Pending" state.

Is there anything I can do to move the bank account verification process along?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2
Monica1567
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I think this is because the verification payment has failed. Odd thing is that Airbnb are the only people who know this and don't contact the prospective guest at all to tell them about payment problems

As a host I was on the receiving end. Payment was stuck in pending on the guest side and at "Awaiting Verification" I went through Airbnb help (chat) and they told me that guest payment was failing (they had'nt told the person who's pay't was failing though), and suggested I passed the message on (Which I did ).

Further they told me the only way to sort the problem was for guest to cancel request and create a new reservation / booking request. 

Sadly, probably due to embarrassment they cancelled the request and I didn't hear from them again.

Why couldnt airbnb have told the guest of the issue right at the start and he could have corrected it right at the start?

Seems like there is a hole in the process to me

Aletta5
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Dear All,

I am from South Africa. I have defined my SA Bank Account as a Payment Method. The Account is in Pending status for the last two weeks. I am not sure where to go next. 

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks Aletta