Banning from the condominium community or management.

Simon180
Level 1
Penang, Malaysia

Banning from the condominium community or management.

Hi, Im having a listing in Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia from april 2017. My condominium unit is under commercial title and not the residential title but it had banned to do home stay or short term rental last saturday after the condominium annual general meeting. My condominium got 2 blocks which one is residential title and another is commercial title. I can't believe the condominium community / management had banned both block after the voting for homestay topic even though im under commercial title unit. I had searched online for the homestay / short terms rules and regulation in Malaysia but so far there is no rules and regulation yet and all the topics are about residential title and not commercial title. I been thinking all the while that my unit is under commercial title and it should allowed to do homestay.

I do love and enjoy for being hosting in airbnb but i have no idea what to do next after the banning by the condominium community or management.

Will be grateful if some one can give me some opinion or advice. Thanks.

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Simon180 how about ask a lawyer about your rights? 

For example in Croatia we have to get a permit from the city and register as a host at a tourist office. With this permit our neighbours can not forbid us to rent our property.