Based in UK and started to have US tax withheld

Amanda1552
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Based in UK and started to have US tax withheld

UK based host.
payments  this year have deductions for US tax.
No emails etc. about it.

Anyone else had this?

48 Replies 48
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for letting me know! @Nicolas-and-Maria0  again, so sorry it happened but glad to hear your money is making it's way back to you.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Victoria1515
Level 2
Llanfaglan, United Kingdom

@Stephanie 

Hi Stephanie

Same situation here as others in this conversation.

Uk host, uk tax based, money being withheld for us tax.

Contacted support can't get the message across - 3 days and going. 

Very frustrating situation.

Regards

Victoria

Luis3798
Level 2
La Libertad Department, El Salvador

@Stephanie Same issue here with listings in El Salvador and support is running me in circles. I have submitted form W-8BEN. Now they say they are still withholding taxes because my payout is in USD. In El Salvador USD is the official currency. Another reply just said my listing are in the USA but they are not. 

@Nicolas-and-Maria0 

It's hopeful to read you were reimbursed!!! yays! could you please share more in detail what process did you do? I'm trying to help a friend that owns a couple Airbnb in Mexico. She's a Mexican Taxpayer. And has 0 business in USA, besides of doing the Airbnb, which they are in Mexico. She added her RFC to her listings. Airbnb has been withholding her  38% of her bookings. Also doing her facturing/invoicing (guests receipts)  twice on the same 1 booking. Incredible confusing and very hurtful financially. She's unsure if filling the W8BEN would help her or not. 

Any advise would help.