Become an Airbnb ambassador

Chirag7
Level 2
Jaipur, India

Become an Airbnb ambassador

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to become an airbnb ambassador/pro-referrer for my region (jaipur, India)  — I read a few threads here on how to become an airbnb ambassador,  and applied through this link airbnb.com/ambassadors

its been more than a month, my application is still in process but on the status page it just says “we will get back to you in a few days on next steps” now my question is, how long does one have to wait? 

I tried contacting airbnb CS but they do not seem to have enough resources to assist me with my situation. All they advised was to wait. 

Can someone please guide me on how do I move forward and become an ambassador? Many thanks 

13 Replies 13
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Chirag7 

Maybe you should consider not wanting to be an ambassador of a company which can not provide a reliable and competent way of communication. Or at least wait for better times.

Chirag7
Level 2
Jaipur, India

Finally! I have become an ambassador. Thanks airbnb!

Alessia323
Level 2
Lucca, Italy

Finally today I became an Airbnb Ambassador. It took nearly two months to get an answer but it's been worthing waiting 🙂 Are there any other "new" ambassadors? I would like to share the next steps. Thanks !!!

Alessia

Congratulations Alessia! 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What does being an 'ambassador ' mean @Alessia323 @Chirag7 @Ransher0 

I thought the ambassador role was mainly around hosts getting commission when they encourage others to sign up on the platform - so basically a commission only sales role in essence - but I might have got the wrong end of the stick . 

You’re right Helen, as an ambassador I get paid when someone joins airbnb using my referral link. There are few conditions on the listing type and a qualifying reservation.

and, I can see/edit the listing which was created using my referral link. It is basically an upgraded referral program.  

Hi all,

Also looking for more information on becoming an Airbnb Ambassador. Look forward to how your experience has gone. 

Congratulations Alessia! I am a new ambassador, what are the next steps?

Alessia323
Level 2
Lucca, Italy

@Chirag7  @Ransher0 thanks!!! I am excited to start finding and helping brand new hosts. I don’t know which are the next steps... that’s why I asked 🙂 what are you doing to get known? How do you invite people to become hosts? Only through socials like FB? 
@Helen3 it may sound like only having a sales role but I assume it can be more like sharing your own experience gained in years of experience to help new people becoming hosts. That’s why I applied. To help others. I wish I had known someone at the beginning of my hosting path 🙂 

I see you are a level10. I believe you have lot of experience too. Have you received the link to apply to the program? 

Alessandra888
Level 2
North Charleston, SC

Last week I received an email from Airbnb that I was eligible to apply to become an ambassador. I'm excited and I can't wait for hearing back from Airbnb. How do I know when hosts are ambassadors? Is there any kind of seal, like of super hosts? 

Alessa Freitas
Scott1260
Level 2
Grover Beach, CA

Can someone help answer the following three questions:

1. Is the Airbnb Ambassador program still accepting applications?   

2. How does one apply?  

3. Is there an Ambassador Support Dept to help speed the signup process and answer questions?

Thank you - 

Scott

Yes, @Scott1260 airbnb is still accepting applications 

1. you can apply here: airbnb.com/ambassadors

2. follow the link and answer few questions and submit, it’d be quick. 

3. There’s a support dept for ambassadors but would not be helpful to speed up the selection process. 

I feel you’ll make it! All the best 🍀

Rahul130
Level 1
Jaipur, India

what is the benefit to become ambassadors?