Becoming a host

Hayley166
Level 1
Pampa, TX

Becoming a host

Hello all! I am a frequent Airbnb guest and am now seriously considering becoming a host with my second property. Are there any helpful tips out there to get started? Anything you wish you knew in the beginning of hosting that you discovered later? Any guidance would be highly valuable. Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Sarah3595
Level 3
Bideford, United Kingdom

Hi Hayley 

For me It would be to use the promotion discount of 20% for the first 3 guests as this has truly helped my property been seen and the reviews from this also help build your visibility on Airbnb. 

Good luck on your New venture. 

S McGeough
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Read the useful guides and tutorials on this website and the Q&As on Airbnb Help. @Hayley166 

You should firstly check about any restrictions around doing Airbnb in your area and building.

Personally I have never used the introductory discount as Airbnb gives new hosts a boost in the rankings.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Hayley166 Since you've used Airbnb many times as you guest, you probably already have the answer to your question. Take everything you liked or appreciated about your previous stays/hosts and adapt it to your space. Take everything you didn't like or were bothered by and do the exact opposite.