Bed Tax Palm Beach County

Suzy36
Level 3
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Bed Tax Palm Beach County

Does anybody know if AirBNB collects the BED TAX for Palm Beach and Broward County in South Florida or only the Sales Tax.

I called three times and every time they give me another vage answer not really answering my question.

Tx 

4 Replies 4
Kimberly180
Level 3
Jacksonville, FL

Hope this helps:

State of Florida

Guests who book Airbnb listings that are located in the State of Florida will pay the following taxes as part of their reservation:

• Florida Transient Rental Tax: 6% of the listing price including any cleaning fee for reservations 182 nights and shorter. For detailed information, visit the Florida Dept. of Revenue website.
  • Florida Discretionary Sales Surtax: 0.5%-1.5% of the listing price including any cleaning fee for reservations 182 nights and shorter. The State imposes both a statewide 6% tax and a local 0.5-1.5% tax, which varies by county. For detailed information, visit the Florida Dept. of Revenue website.
  • County Tourist Development Taxes collected by the State: 2-5% of the listing price including any cleaning fee for reservations 182 nights and shorter. The state administers 24 county taxes, including: Bradford, Citrus, Columbia, Desoto, Dixie, Flagler, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Glades, Hamilton, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Levy, Madison, Okaloosa, Okeechobee, Pasco, Sumter, Wakulla, and Washington.

Broward County

Guests who book Airbnb listings that are located in Broward County, FL will pay the following taxes as part of their reservation:

• Broward County Tourist Development Tax: 6% of the listing price including any cleaning fee for reservations 182 nights and shorter in Broward County. For detailed information, visit the Broward County website.

Broward county can be tricky! 

Jeanette14
Level 2
Carolina Beach, NC

Actually, now that Palm Beach County also wants an additional 6% TDT tourist tax it seems yiy have to collect that as soon as yiy have a booking via a Resolution Request.  I am still inquiring with the Airbnb Tax Exoerts but the reply they sent me is rhe same as ednin April 2018.  Airbnb collects the Atate 6% and some other 0.5% but NOT THE PBC 6% which would toral about 12.5%.  My first guest paid only about 6-7% so I’m guessing this occupancy tax comes out of my hide.  

Future reservations il will have to ask the guests to pay that separately and also establish a monthly business account with Florida’s PBCounty to make regular payments.   CHARLES of Airbnb should be getting back to me if this is nit correct.  It’s sure a lot easier up here in NC.  I LOVE THAT my Airbnb yo here takes care of all the tax payments!!!   Come on airbnb.  Get with Palm Beach County and get this automated for us!!!!

Hey Jeanette,

Do you have any update on this? I know a big settlement passed on Monday for it.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/306015-airbnb-palm-beach-settle-lawsuit

Do you still send a request after a booking? Is that weird? Have people refused to pay or become confused? Airbnb really needs to add that 6% in so it doesn't seem like we are scamming guests.

I made a Facebook Group "Palm Beach County Host Club" that you should join.

Thanks

Hi Tyler.  Do you still have the fb group? I couldn't find it.