Bedding

Bedding

The last few booking have slept on top of the quilts/comforters then taken a clean one out of the closet to cover up. Does anyone else experience this..I wash in hot/ dry in hot and today started adding laundry sanitizer. My rooms and beds are throughly sprayed down with Microban and the mattresses  are vacuumed with the hose and the brush each time. This issue is causing me to do 5/7 loads of laundry at the laundromat. SO I can get it done in.2 hrs instead of 8. Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Heidi675   I have had guests, especially Europeans, who have slept on top of the top sheet with the duvet directly on top rather than  between the sheets as I expected.  I turned the top sheet over the duvet so that it was visible and that solved the problem.  Perhaps a similar strategy will work for you.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Heidi675 We never leave extra linen for guests. All our spares are in a locked cupboard.

By the way I really don't think comforters are hygienic. Duvets with covers are so much better - Cue a lot of angry Americans.....

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Heidi675  We had a set of guests once who took 3 comforters out of the linen closet and used them, along with the bedding that was already on the bed.  We could not believe it.

After that we put a typed note in the linen closet stating that if guests require any different bedding to please contact the hosts.

I would probably message those guests and ask them the reason why they took an additional set of bedding out of the closet.  They may not respond, but they might and that would give a clue what the reasoning was.

@Mike-And-Jane0  We always washed the comforters after every guest, but since comforters are not really meant to be washed/cleaned very often, and queen or king sized comforters can only go in commercial machines...the cost was high and they were getting destroyed by all the washing.  We switched to quilts.  It isn't as luxurious looking as a comforter, but easier to manage.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Heidi675 You would do well to ask the guests why, so that you can identify what, if any, problem there is. Are they finding the mattress too hard? A very plush mattress pad could help. But you need to know what you're dealing with before you can adjust as neccessary. And never leave extra linens accessible that you don't want used. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mike-And-Jane0  "Duvets with covers are so much better - Cue a lot of angry Americans....."

Haha. No, you don't get it- plenty of North Americans use duvets with covers, I always have. The difference is that we don't consider the duvet to be  something that goes next to your skin. We use top sheets with the duvet on top of that.