Being at the bottom of the list - SUPER HOSTS & LOYALITY STILL GETS YOU DUMPED DOWN THE LINE

Dianne6
Level 3
Omokoroa, New Zealand

Being at the bottom of the list - SUPER HOSTS & LOYALITY STILL GETS YOU DUMPED DOWN THE LINE

I agree with Susan [quote below]

I too have all great reviews and 5 star statis, a Super Host, but I find my listing religated to the bottom of the list - pages and pages from the front of the list. 

New recruites, ( are very many these days, on a daily basis - too many now in our seaside village to make it worth anyones while,) are promoted first...

AND I NOTE,  now also promoted with emails sent out to the public by Air B&B that the new recruit will give discounts, (no reply emails,) to promote the new rookie further.

ALSO, I have recently had one guest that returns regularly contact me to inform me her bookings were being refused and she could not book on our site.

What's the story Airb&b... where is your loyalty and service to those of us who strive daily to assist your business and ourselves with top rate service constantly.

Bewildered Host

Dianne

[Image hidden]

Entire home/apt

3 Guests

1 Bedroom

2 Beds
New ZealandBay Of PlentyOmokoroa
B&BHarbourstoView-Pvt selfcont 3 Rm Studio, FreeWF
Omokoroa, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand Dianne

QUOTE "I have been an airbnb hostess since 2011. One would think that due to my reviews I would be at the top of the list. Not so. Only newcomers are on the top.

At first I used Airbnb income to pay upkeep. Now it barely pays enough to wash the sheets.

I think that totally unfair. I think Airbnb should promote its long time hosts and hostess with records like mine before all other potential hosts."

Susan

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Dianne6

a week ago or so , someone posted airbnb search algorithm , try to find it and see if you can do something to push your listing to the top.

Superhost status and guests satisfaction is one of the important factors but not the only one. 

@Branka-and-Silvia0

Could it be this one ?

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Research-data-released-What-impacts-ranking/m-p/354872#M80615

I do wonder what absolute price means though.  I do have a feeling that not using the price tips will push you down, number of nights likewise if the demand is different to your minimum number.  

Yes, that's it , tnx @Marit-Anne0

Apsolute price is probably nightly price x number of nights + cleaning fee  

I noticed when I search for property in my own town that expensive homes are further down , Specially if they are not superhosts and have lower star rating (usually those run by agencies. )