Best Bed for a Airbnb

Jamie362
Level 4
Ventura, CA

Best Bed for a Airbnb

It's time to replace our Queen bed in our cottage.  I would welcome any suggestions.

Jamie
2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jamie362  While a lot of people say they don't like foam mattresses, I wonder if that's because they have never slept on a good one. 

That has always been my mattress choice, both for myself, and my guest room. I use 4 inches of high quality firm foam with 2 inches of high quality softer foam on top. ( No memory foam, just regular foam, but high density, which is the quality indicator- the density determines its bounce-back quality, as opposed to low density foams that end up with dips in them ) The mattress pad holds it all together snugly. 

I have gotten many guest comments about how comfortable the bed was. "I don't know what it is about that bed, but I haven't slept that well since I was a baby" one guest told me.

What I like about foam is that it is not heavy to move. So moving the bed to vacuum or mop under is easy. As I only host solo guests and the bed is a single, I even flip the entire frame over every so often to vacuum the underside of the bed.

Thank you so much for your input!  We ended up moving our rarely used DreamCloud mattress to the guesthouse but I will consider your suggestion to replace the mattress in our house.  

Jamie