Beware Listers who get you to book on their own website - e.g. Vine Apartment, Sarasota

Sam4701
Level 1
United States

Beware Listers who get you to book on their own website - e.g. Vine Apartment, Sarasota

If you are ever told by a lister that the property on Airbnb is not available but they have other properties in the same building available and to book on THEIR website with a discount, DON'T.

I booked a property like this for 4 nights - Vine Apt in Sarasota, Florida, link below - resulting in failure to give me access on time, overcharged me, failed to give me early check-in that I paid for - and then threatened to remove me....And said that a complaint to AirBnb will not work as the booking was not made through them. Oy oy!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/52065649?adults=1&check_in=2020-08-01&check_out=2020-10-31&source_impre...

I called AirBnb and they've made notes on them but said they can't do much else because the booking was not made by them...so I'm writing this to help others who may be "asked" to book outside of AirBnb. 

Beware!!

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sam4701 Good warning - The whole thing looks more sketchy when you see they have no availability whatsoever in the future and 7 of the 9 glowing reviews are from November 2021.

Lets hope Airbnb take some action in the background.

Excellent points @Mike-And-Jane0 !