Beware of fake spam scam reservations?

A--B-0
Level 1
Newport Beach, CA

Beware of fake spam scam reservations?

Hey, I’m [Guest]!

San Juan Capistrano, California, United States · Joined in September 2017

Seems like Airbnb will face what Uber is facing. When you get too big, you forget who made you that big in the first place.

I get a message from this dumb SOB [Guest] (aka fraud scam spammer) who has the audacity to request to reserve my yacht for two months (so I got the boat ready by spending several thousands of dollars so it can be live aboard ready)

Now after a week of emailing back and forth, the SOB has the audacity to TYPE IN BOLD LETTERS TO STOP EMAILING HER.

? Because of the stupid SOB I spent almost $5k on essentials. For what? What a horrible experience. 

Seems like either a paid Airbnb undercover employee pretending to be a customer, or has an extremely bad/ un organized/ system of verifying customers (paying or hosting) that they are legit or not.

[Text hidden]

Shame on you Airbnb - You have disappointed me. I will make sure to stop using this and go another place soon.
3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The way you worded this sounds like it was an enquiry rather than a booking?

You charge around $100 a night but have it for monthly booking so not sure why you spent significantly more than the booking fee.

David

In order to secure a place in Newport Beach one has to either buy or rent/ lease a slip or mooring. This is for a boat (slightly different- actually quite a lot more rules regulations hefty fines etc for obvious reasons compared to land)

Lili133
Level 2
Wayland, MA

Give them a special offer they cant refuse. Charge them six figures for their stay.