Blank Messages

Paul590
Level 2
Miami, FL

Blank Messages

Hi!

There are some very strange events happening now with my messages in the last 12 hours...

The system says I have a message but there is nothing there. I open it up is says conversation from (Guest) but there is nothing.

These are real guests, with real profiles.

No trip request, No Text, nothing....

Nothing shows in my pending. Should I write these people? I have 5 of them!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Best,

Paul

70 Replies 70
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

same here, airbnb firing blanks

airbnbhostforum site also reports same, no answers why yet.

I received 6 blanc messages as well.. No message, no trip details, not even a choice between my different listings.

Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

It's an IT error that many experience but air is on it. 

Jess53
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Same here! Thanks for starting a thread. 

Yes, me too. I've been sending a message back. Wasn't sure if it would count against my response time if I didn't. 

Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Okay so I got through to some of my guests and received a reply this evening so it might be unstable and buggy but it worked properly for me just now.

Veronica221
Level 1
Detroit, MI

I booked a place just several hours ago. My "messages" has that little dot that says I have a message waiting, but there is no message there.

What to do?

Saturday, August 12, 2017, 5 pm

Mackenzie11
Level 1
San Diego, CA

I've had 2 since 8/11.  I'm a newbie & disnt know what to do but I don't see any replies to my responses...

Anton33
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Same here, got 2 blank messages this morning
Mikel3
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I've gotten two as well in the last 24 hours.  Has enyone reached out to the guests who sent the blank conversations?  Are they actual requests or just misfires?

I reach out to everyone, but I usually get nothing back...I have had 3 today!

I had 2 yesterday and inquiries sending me their email

another inquiry sending me their phone number. 

And another asking help to post their picture. All of this today. None of this booked

Now that's VERY strange as Airbnb will block the exchange of personal information like phone numbers and email addresses - especially before an actual reservation has been made.

the fact that an email address and phone number came across in an inquiry concerns me greatly.

Jude

Veronica222
Level 1
Desert Hot Springs, CA

I just got to 2 messages also I thought maybe somebody is hatching into Airbnb system and they need to be aware of.