Blank Messages

Paul590
Level 2
Miami, FL

Blank Messages

Hi!

There are some very strange events happening now with my messages in the last 12 hours...

The system says I have a message but there is nothing there. I open it up is says conversation from (Guest) but there is nothing.

These are real guests, with real profiles.

No trip request, No Text, nothing....

Nothing shows in my pending. Should I write these people? I have 5 of them!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Best,

Paul

70 Replies 70

I wonder if I'VE said said nothing to no one and don't know it?

Jude

Shirley78
Level 2
Addlestone, United Kingdom

I had had about a dozen blank emails over about 4 days this week but hoping this has stopped as none received today. Does anyone know if these are genuine messages where the content is being deleted or whether they are genuine blank emails.

Also does anyone now what we should do with them - I have just archived them but not sure if this is the best thing to do.

Annette121
Level 2
Florida, United States

I have had several of these as well but no way to contact the guests who supposedly emailed me...?  

I was wondering why I haven't had any reservations this week...could this be linked?

eeek!  

What to do?  I hope Air can notify these folks who have been trying to email hosts...if they did indeed email inquiries.

thanks for hearing me,

A

I've had a lot of reservations recently but also, like you, none since this strange blank message arrived.  Worrying eh!

Lucas-Aurel0
Level 10
Kaisersbach, Germany

Same here. Hope, the next bug airbnb produces is not emails sending credit card data around the world 🙂

Heng2
Level 2
Malaysia

Me too, I have 2 Blank Messages. 

Reply to guests and don't receive the guests reply. 

Teresa31
Level 9
Montana, United States

I had it happen yesterday for the first time, thought: hacker material if Airbnb doesn't know.

Martyn4
Level 1
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom

Hello,

I am a newby,my first enquiry yesterday by text and host message,BUT

my dashboard shows No new enquiries or requests, 0 new items, 0% response rate,

I actually reported it as a phishing scam,not a good start???

Any ideas.suggestions please,can not find help on airbnb.

thanks,

Martyn

Wales/UK/Essaouira Morocco

I received one of these a couple of days ago.  Then, very strangely, the person who the message was from instantly booked late last night for today.  He lives in the same town as me and didn't explain why he wanted to stay.  It all seemed a bit weird to me - it didn't add up and it freaked me out so I refused the booking and got Airbnb to cancel it (because it was too late for me to cancel it myself).  Now there is no sign of the 'Conversation with (guest)' message.  Spooky...!

We had people who wanted to stay 9 days and have no way to talk to them because the message system is down...Over a few weeks now..

Monika117
Level 1
Berkeley, CA

Just found a blank message that is marked with a month-old date (mid-November).  It wasn't there a month ago.  There was no request to book just a blank message screen.  A little disconcerting.