Blank Messages

Paul590
Level 2
Miami, FL

Blank Messages

Hi!

There are some very strange events happening now with my messages in the last 12 hours...

The system says I have a message but there is nothing there. I open it up is says conversation from (Guest) but there is nothing.

These are real guests, with real profiles.

No trip request, No Text, nothing....

Nothing shows in my pending. Should I write these people? I have 5 of them!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Best,

Paul

70 Replies 70
Ereca0
Level 2
Sunshine Beach, Australia

I got a blank message yesterday, and my stats have all changed! There is $40,000 discrepancy in my 2017 paid out earnings, and a $2,000 discrepency in my future earnings. Very concerned.

I'm in France and i have the same probleme 3 blank message. And my money on 2017 from 9000€ to 3000. I don't understand. Many peopole in France have this same problem but not resolve

Marie559
Level 2
Stackpole, GB

Newbie here, i have had a message saying  "conversation with L...."  and no more words, there isnt a profile picture of him either..  when i click on it all it says is send message. i dont know what to do, help needed please.. Thanks

Sophie101
Level 1
Llandefalle, United Kingdom

I responded to blank messages as had lots over the weekend.  They all had looked at the listing and the availability but no further.

Have sent a note to Airbnb.

Hi, did they have a profile pic ? mine hasnt  and joined air bnb this month, so im a bit dubious to message back..

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Paul590 I got one. So can say it a huge bug.

Yes I am experiencing the same thing been over 24 hours blan messages from guests unable to do bookings called airbnb 3 times already they said the are working on it.  Problem still not resolved is there anything we csm do to be able to communicate to cobtinue getting bookings.

Jackie74
Level 2
Malaysia

Same here.. listing in Philippines 

Rolf27
Level 2
Cartagena, Colombia

Yes, i have same Problem

HOST-Palm-Springs0
Level 2
Palm Springs, CA

Same here. 6 and counting.

Shirley96
Level 2
Half Moon Bay, CA

I got the same thing, 3 of them yesterday. I just opened up my calendar & I thought perhaps they were sending me an inquiry but I wasn't getting the message. Only says their name but nothing else in the message box. 

Ian142
Level 2
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Anyone know if these are real enquiries and just no message content, or is it just random system generated junk that I can ignore.

I also noted that my earnings tab is wrong, way under actual bookings and earnings for the year?

Marianne-And-David0
Level 1
Natchitoches, LA

I also received a blank message from a possible guest (with 6 verifications). I wonder what's going on.

Anybody know when airbnb is going to resolve the problem been 2 days now 

I keep calling them and they say they are working on it.

i received three and my earnings stats are lower than usual!