Blank Messages

Paul590
Level 2
Miami, FL

Blank Messages

Hi!

There are some very strange events happening now with my messages in the last 12 hours...

The system says I have a message but there is nothing there. I open it up is says conversation from (Guest) but there is nothing.

These are real guests, with real profiles.

No trip request, No Text, nothing....

Nothing shows in my pending. Should I write these people? I have 5 of them!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Best,

Paul

70 Replies 70
Cynthia4
Level 2
Washington, United States

Same here - message from Veronica but no text.  Messaged her back with this note and no reply yet from her. 

Dora31
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

had the same issue 2 days ago bit nothing since then

Ayesha4
Level 2
Mumbai, India

I too got two blank messages today. I can see the picture and name of guest but the message is blank. I wonder what it means

Simon189
Level 2
Hartfield, United Kingdom

Same for me this week.....Air BnB or hacked?

Fergal2
Level 1
Fahan, Ireland

Yes me too, I recieved 3 of these from seemingly real airbnb accounts, but no message content.  There was also no push or email notifications, I just discovered them in my inbox.  Any word from airbnb on this yet?

ITrip-Vacations---Maui0
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

Yes...I have had the same thing.

A potential guest has sent a message, but it is blank and I can see nothing.

Thea23
Level 2
Aldinga, Australia

I pre aprove a guest and nothing happens.  The guest has emailed she wants the place, I pre aprove and then airbnb keeps telling me to pre aprove the guest.  This happened a few days ago and I lost that guest as I think I have lost the current guest.  Very Very annoying.  I thought it was something I did wrong but really don't think so.  Any advice from any one?

1. Yes it happed to me last night.
Laly0
Level 2
Miami, FL

I have contacted Airbnb costumer support today again  I got 4 missing request!!..Im loosing potential guests. they said they are aware of it and they are trying to fixed..right!! its been 4 days already and nothing is been done..

same here.

in Japan

Kitano0
Level 5
Kamigyo Ward, Japan

I also have the same trouble and reported Airbnb CS by email yesterday.
They called me back today and they said they are now having some trouble on their system as some hosts here say.
Also, they asked me to reply anything to the guests anyway in order to keep my response rate. (OMG, is this issue related to the response rate?? )
Therefore I replied the guests just a shor while ago and now wait-and-see.

I've just got a reply from one of the questioners who gave me a blank message and he says "I've not sent you any messages".

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

Same here in Rhinebeck, New York. Says I have a conversation with someone named Anna, who I have never heard from before. When I click on the conversation ther's nothing to be seen,  except a message line for me, and the message "to protect your payment, always communicate and pay through the Airbnb website or app."

As a long-term super host eager to protect my status, I sure wish Airbnb would send out an official notice about the situation. 

Jude

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thank you for sharing the experience that you're having with the blank messages in your inbox. 

I just want to let you know that I've passed this on to the team. Please do continue sharing any updates you see on your side—This is really helpful to hear. 

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Me too, , , Amazed by the sudden number of people with nothing to say..