Blocked Dates

Blocked Dates

Hi there,

We are 1st time airbnb hosts and just published 2 days ago. This morning we saw that the next 6 days on our calendar are blocked, and cannot unblock it. But we have not received any request. Anybody knows what happened here. Thanks in adavance. Eric

10 Replies 10

@Eric532, in your "Availability" settings, did you choose an "Advance Notice" setting of "at least 7 days"?

That would cause your calendar to be non-bookable for the next 6 days or so.

Thanks for the hint @Matthew285, but it is set to 1 day only.

I found that in the "booking settings", the box, "Guests who meet all your requirements can book without requesting approval" is ticked off. Could it be that a reservation requirement, or booking, has been made without notifying us?

@Eric532, my understanding is that you would be notified of even a pending reservation.

Have you been able to ask AirBnB directly about this calendar weirdness?

Thanks @Matthew285, sorry to ask rookie questions but what is the best way to contact them directley? As I am not in the States I would prefer not to phone them and have no twitter account .... but would open one if that turns out to be needed.

@Eric532, not a rookie question at all; it is a smart question to ask.

Nowadays, with all the technology, there are a number of ways to reach a company; asking which one is best in sensible and practical.

I have had a lot of luck using the Contact Us option.

Go to your Host Dashboard and choose the "Help" page.

At the bottom right of the "Help" page is a "Contact us" button.

Press the “Contact us” button and you will be presented with some options to reach AirBnB.

You can Message them, or if you use the phone option I think AirBnB will call *you*.

(Or at least that's how it works for me.)

I have used both methods (depending on how urgent my issue was). They both worked well. The phone was a bit faster, but it might depend on time of day.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Eric532. Do not bother Airbnb. ANY new host has a grace period for not hosting last minute reservations to give them the time to settle the bank account for payouts and get the place ready. Whatever settings you use, if you're new to hosting, the first week will always be set as unavailable by default. A few days ago, checking some other parameters on Airbnb I had a chance to go through all the steps of setting up a host account (not mine of course because I've been hosting for a while), and that first week was blocked as well. 😉

Hope that explains everything.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4, thank you for solving the mystery!

You're welcome

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Thanks @Marzena4, that explains perfectly then. 

Thanks a lot @Matthew285, will keep that info for later use