Blocked Dates

Answered!
Wendy700
Level 2
Laxfield, United Kingdom

Blocked Dates

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I blocked out dates in the calendar for a private booking in January and didnt check again until now and someone has been able to book part of my blocked dates.  Even in comments it has all my notes 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Wendy700  You'll need to get in touch with Airbnb CS to deal with this, and you should let the guest know that you're very sorry, but there was a calendar glitch and the dates he booked are actually unavailable. If he's still within the window to cancel with a full refund, maybe he will be amenable to just cancelling himself, in which case you won't need to deal with customer service.

Other hosts have reported here that this same thing has happened to them. Sometimes the calendar appears blocked on the host's end, but available on the listing itself. Check all your settings and if it happens again, hopefully Airbnb can figure out why this happened.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Wendy700  You'll need to get in touch with Airbnb CS to deal with this, and you should let the guest know that you're very sorry, but there was a calendar glitch and the dates he booked are actually unavailable. If he's still within the window to cancel with a full refund, maybe he will be amenable to just cancelling himself, in which case you won't need to deal with customer service.

Other hosts have reported here that this same thing has happened to them. Sometimes the calendar appears blocked on the host's end, but available on the listing itself. Check all your settings and if it happens again, hopefully Airbnb can figure out why this happened.

My calendar is suspended I am not sure what I did wrong or how to fix this issue. Who should I contact to help with this?