Blocked dates

Kath-Gay0
Level 2
Tasman, New Zealand

Blocked dates

A guest made a booking for a year away, the rates were showing as low season as i hadnt yet changed the prices in the high season period. I explained this to the guest and he was happy to rebook at the correct rate so I cancelled the booking so I could change it to the correct fee. AirBnB decided to block the dates so I cannot rebook it to anyone and despite the explanation and the fact that I have been superhost for years and never cancelled a single booking they have not amended the listings calendar. 

Anyone else had this issue? I find this extremely unreasonable and disrespectful. 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kath-Gay0 I am not sure what is unreasonable/disrespectful of Airbnb when they are just applying the rules you have agreed to. I would advise limiting your calendar to a 6 month window which might help you keep the pricing up to date.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kath-Gay0  There are penalties for hosts cancelling a reservation which are clearly explained in the information for hosts on the Airbnb site. You should have either gotten the guest to cancel if they were still within the 48 hour refund window, then rebook when you got the pricing correctly set, or sent them a special offer to adjust the price.

And you shoukdn't have your calendar open beyond dates you have set the pricing correctly if you use Instant Book.

It's not very professional or ethical to expect guests to pay more because the host was disorganized with their calendar or pricing.

Contact Airbnb again, and explain again- ask them to look at the messages with your guest to see that it's a mutually agreed upon new price and that that same guest still wants to book those dates.